Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 5 Day Trip - What Bags to Use?

You'll want to watch our weather reports as you get closer to your ETD. Typically the 60s is normal this time of year, but not this year (yet). It's been from 70s to 80s by the coast, 90 inland.

Jeans are a staple here in San Diego year round. For packing, you could get by with just a S25, but if you are going to do some shopping, then you may want that TS or BB for more room.

For EDC, probably just a SE.

San Diego has quite a few colleges and universities, so you do see some people with backpacks (more men than women). We do NOT have an extensive public transportation system. I do not feel safe on a bus as a woman alone, and the trolley I would only use for special events (like Comic-Con, Mardis-Gras, or a Charger game). Most San Diegans get around by personal car, not trolley or bus. So, maybe that's why we don't use backpacks as much as other cities, but you won't look out of place using one either.

Don't get me wrong....I love my city. There is lots to do here. But, we are a large city and we have the same issues as many other large cities.
    Last edited by Melissa; 03-22-2014 at 10:46 AM.
    Seeking Cardinal Co-Pilot!

Did I miss the latest edition of Fashion Buzz for Southern California? Since my last post, I took my dogs to downtown San Diego to walk the Embarcadero and the Gas Lamp District. I then went to Fashion Valley Mall. I did not see one backpack! Did I miss something? Not even the bicycle commuters are using them. In my own mind, I don't think it would stand out (for me anyways) to see some one with a backpack, but maybe I missed something. About half the women were carrying assorted types of shoulder bags or purses. Half the women and all the men must have just been carrying wallets (and cell phones) in pockets.

I'm surprised I never noticed this before....
    Seeking Cardinal Co-Pilot!

I wear the Tristar and S19 the same way as Moose does.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0