Backpack for first grader - your recommendations?

My child's teacher recommended a larger backpack to carry school papers, water bottle, sweatshirt, etc. Kid currently uses the smallest (and pretty darn cute) Jansport I could find - I was a loyal Jansport user as a kid. I don't want anything too heavy - kids have enough to carry as it is.

Do you think a TB backpack in Dyneema could work? What would you recommend either TB or otherwise (but probably TB as I need an excuse to order for myself heh heh)?

Thanks!

How tall is your kiddo? My initial reaction is that a Synapse 19 would be perfect. I can see it working size wise at least through middle school. I love the Synapse25. My only concern is it might be a big big for three or four years.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    My child's teacher recommended a larger backpack to carry school papers, water bottle, sweatshirt, etc. Kid currently uses the smallest (and pretty darn cute) Jansport I could find - I was a loyal Jansport user as a kid. I don't want anything too heavy - kids have enough to carry as it is.

Do you think a TB backpack in Dyneema could work? What would you recommend either TB or otherwise (but probably TB as I need an excuse to order for myself heh heh)?

Thanks!
    I second the Synapse 19. My 9yr old third grader is 55 lbs and 54 inches tall. The S19 fits him beautifully! The way the bag is designed, it really hugs their back My concern is if they are required to carry those 2inch 3-ring binders, those will not fit in the bag.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0