Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Lara

Thread: Biking With Your Cafe Bag

Biking With Your Cafe Bag

Hi everyone,

Who goes biking with their Cafe Bag and the waist strap? Does it stay pretty secure? I mainly do light off-road biking and regular road biking, nothing serious anymore.

I already have a Co-Pilot and a Synapse 25 (which works great for biking but can be a little big and hot in the summer). I've been eyeing the Nordic/Solar MCB for quite awhile. When Darcy mentioned that Nordic might run out one of these days I freaked out since I don't have a Nordic bag yet, lol! Thanks for your opinions, as always
    Last edited by Jeff A; 03-12-2014 at 09:17 PM.
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Nobody bikes with their cafe bags? I'm a bit surprised.
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    Nobody bikes with their cafe bags? I'm a bit surprised.
    @Jeff A Many people who like the Messenger style use horizontal bags like the (recently discontinued) Imago, that was sold with a Quick-Adjust Messenger strap option. I like to use the Q-AM strap with my Imago even for general carry purposes. The Large Cafe bag can also be ordered with configurable strap options, including Q-AM strap or Absolute strap. It's possible that people who read your post either prefer to use a horizontal bag or use the Large Cafe bag with the Q-AM strap option. You might look into the 1" Cafe/Ristretto Messenger Stabilizer strap that was announced in the blog a year ago. This is a relatively recent product specifically for messenger bags that don't offer the Q-AM strap option, and I don't know people who use this. The Q-AM strap is padded, which is comfortable for cross-body carry even when not riding a bike. The Messenger Stabilizer is an add-on webbing strap for the regular (Small and Medium) Cafe bag arrangement to let you carry the bag higher up on your back. I haven't used it myself.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    I have a Small Cafe Bag, and the the 1" Cafe/Ristretto Messenger Stabilizer strap, and have used this configuration for cycling and light hiking before. It works well, and the straps (stabilizer + 1 waist strap) are easy to stow away in my bag if I get off my bike and want to walk around messenger-style again.
    WenV and Jeff A like this.
    Aeronaut 45; Synapse 19; Co-Pilot; PCBP & other packing cubes; Swift; 2 x Little Swifts; Side Effect; 5 Shop Bags; Small Cafe Bag; 6 Travel Trays; 4 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes; Cache ; Guardian Lights; 3 x 3D Clear Organizer Cubes; 3 x 3D Organizer Cubes; 4 Yarn Stuff Sacks; 8 Clear Organizer Wallets; many, many pouches; Cafe Messenger Stabilizer.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Jeff A Many people who like the Messenger style use horizontal bags like the (recently discontinued) Imago, that was sold with a Quick-Adjust Messenger strap option. I like to use the Q-AM strap with my Imago even for general carry purposes. The Large Cafe bag can also be ordered with configurable strap options, including Q-AM strap or Absolute strap. It's possible that people who read your post either prefer to use a horizontal bag or use the Large Cafe bag with the Q-AM strap option. You might look into the 1" Cafe/Ristretto Messenger Stabilizer strap that was announced in the blog a year ago. This is a relatively recent product specifically for messenger bags that don't offer the Q-AM strap option, and I don't know people who use this. The Q-AM strap is padded, which is comfortable for cross-body carry even when not riding a bike. The Messenger Stabilizer is an add-on webbing strap for the regular (Small and Medium) Cafe bag arrangement to let you carry the bag higher up on your back. I haven't used it myself.
    Thank you sir

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0