Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Side Effect Question

Side Effect Question

I just received today a gorgeous Nordic/Solar SE. Upon opening the main compartment of the SE, I noticed what appeared to be a very small cigarette-burn like mark and hole, right in between both inside pockets (see pictures below). I immediately contacted TB's customer service and this was their respond: "Every Side Effect will have the same marker holes as your bag. It is used as a marker in the sewing process, and is carefully done as to not spread. As this process is essential to our manufacturing processes of this particular bag, we don't define it as a defect."

Not that I doubt what they told me, but...really? Does every SE owner have one of those small burn marks inside their SE? For some reason, that just appears to be very odd to "have to" purposefully create that during the manufacturing process. Please let me know!

Thank you

Name:  Photo Mar 04, 2 37 26 PM.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  910.4 KBName:  Photo Mar 04, 7 11 47 PM.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  731.5 KB

Mine does too in the same place, though it is a lot smaller than yours.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hmmm... I just inspected my SE interior and I didn't find any marks - marker or burn-like.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  621.0 KB

I see a hole, although not like yours in my steel dyneema/wasabi side effect. I could not see any hole in my steel para pack/steel dyneema side effect. My iPad is not seeing the other photo so I'll have to post it separately from my iPhone.

Maybe it's more apparent against solar?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just looked and sure enough there is a marker hole in mine... Never noticed it before. On mine it is very subtle and I never noticed it until I read this post. I have a wasabi interior so perhaps it's more noticeable on lighter colors.

No visible hole in parapack version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one also, wasabi interior. I would never have noticed if I hadn't seen this thread.

I do not see one on my wasabi interior/black dyneema exterior.
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

I have one in my solar side effect probably about the same size as yours but the burn marks around the hole are not as noticeable. Since it's inside the bag I don't mind it so much...

I have them, too. I'll think of them as belly buttons....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Side Effect Question

Thank you all for replying. I guess the question now has to be why some SE's have it, and some don't?

I have three SEs: one has the marker, one does not and one is on the way with my husband.

But I had notized two such holes in my S19 when I packed it first. Theses holes where so symmetrical, that it was clear to me they had a purpuse. And when my S25 came: there they where at the exact same place. They are in the devider for the lower pocked.

Quote Originally Posted by readmore View Post
    I have one also, wasabi interior. I would never have noticed if I hadn't seen this thread.
    This. I had no idea mine had one too. I had to empty the bag and get out the flashlight to see it though.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Mine has it but it is really hard to see with the steel interior. I might be a bit upset if mine looked as noticeable as yours.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Mine has it. Looks big in the photo but in real life I would never have noticed it! It shows the bags are stitched by hand, not a robot.

Last edited by bchaplin; 03-05-2014 at 07:31 AM.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0