Clear Quarter Packing Cube question

I've been thinking about ordering a clear quarter packing cube to use for toiletries and misc cables, etc. in my Synapse 25 and Co-Pilot. I know it was designed to fit the Aeronaut but now I'm considering the Tri-Star first. Just can't get off the Tri-Star vs Aeronaut fence, haha!

Will the clear quarter packing cube, if not packed to the max, fit in the middle section of the Tri-Star? I'm assuming it will not. Technically it's only 3" thick but will expand based on contents. The Tri-Star will sometimes hold my 15" MacBook Retina in a Cache with Rails.

I'm always trying to find accessories that will fit in all my TB bags Thanks for the help!
    Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch | Various Key Straps

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    I've been thinking about ordering a clear quarter packing cube to use for toiletries and misc cables, etc. in my Synapse 25 and Co-Pilot. I know it was designed to fit the Aeronaut but now I'm considering the Tri-Star first. Just can't get off the Tri-Star vs Aeronaut fence, haha!

Will the clear quarter packing cube, if not packed to the max, fit in the middle section of the Tri-Star? I'm assuming it will not. Technically it's only 3" thick but will expand based on contents. The Tri-Star will sometimes hold my 15" MacBook Retina in a Cache with Rails.

I'm always trying to find accessories that will fit in all my TB bags Thanks for the help!
    Yes, you can carry a Clear Quarter Packing Cube that is not filled to the max in the middle section of the Tri-Star -- but this doesn't work well if you intend to carry a 15" MacBook Retina in that compartment. Even if you are not suspending your cache on rails, you don't really have enough room to stash the CQPB beside the laptop. You can use the CQPC with other bags, but I generally use it with the Aeronaut (either inside or in an end-pocket), larger backpacks, and inside the Swift (tote bag). YMMV

@Jeff A, I'm waiting for the redesign of a slightly smaller Aeronaut. If you want the larger size in the Aeronaut, then maybe prioritizing it now makes sense. Otherwise, this could be another reason for you to purchase the Tri-Star first.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0