Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Macbook, iPad, and iPhone chargers- what fits them best?

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Since you had many Kobo version which one would you consider the most suitable for taking reading notes and which has the best font size/clarity?
    I haven't had many Kobos - my first ereader was an iRex iLiad, the second was a Sony. I had a Kobo Touch for a while, but upgraded to a Glo in order to get the built-in light.

I don't think there's much difference in font size and clarity between the various models. Certainly on the Touch and the Glo, you can adjust the font size to your liking, and even change the font on some (most?) file formats.

I wouldn't recommend trying to take extensive notes on an eInk device, though - the need to refresh the whole screen after every change makes text input frustratingly slow!
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

I carry my adapters in a medium-sized yarn stuffsack (without the clear bottom). Not much different from a travel stuff-sack, slightly different size, and has two extra 'hooks'. I like it because I don't have to coil the cords, I just stuff them in--it causes less wear.

I use the Kindle app to read, on all my Apple and Windows devices. But I like the fact that Kobo works with independent bookstores--how is the book selection?

I find I can get most of the fiction I want on Kobo, though with new releases it might take a day or so longer for them to appear than on the big vendor sites. Non-fiction is a bit less reliable - it depends on how big the publisher is as to whether they bother with anything other than Kindle.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

I use a snake charmer for my macbook pro charger, extension cord for the macbook pro charger, travel mouse, portable hard drive and other cables. Then I actually use a Travel Tray - Genius travel bowl and organizational tool in one. - TOM BIHN for my iphone/ipad charger and associated cables. I actually prefer to keep my computer stuff separate from my mobile stuff, that way I can take the travel tray and sit it on my bedside table when I get to my hotel and my snake charmer goes on the desk. The snake charmer is overkill but I like that I can keep nearly all my cables/accessories in one pouch so I can just remove the whole thing when I get to my destination... same thing goes for the travel tray...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2