Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By luvdabags
  • 1 Post By KatrinkaWinkle
  • 2 Post By KatrinkaWinkle
  • 5 Post By bunchgrass

Thread: Few questions about the Swift

Few questions about the Swift

I was going to send this as an email to the wonderful folks at TB. But other forum members may find the info useful.

1) is the black bottom of the olive/olive/UV parapack and navy/navy/iberian parapack Swifts made of black parapack?

2) what is the material used for the bottom of the black and nordic dyneema Swift

3) what is the weight of the parapack Swift?

Many thanks.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    I was going to send this as an email to the wonderful folks at TB. But other forum members may find the info useful.

1) is the black bottom of the olive/olive/UV parapack and navy/navy/iberian parapack Swifts made of black parapack?

2) what is the material used for the bottom of the black and nordic dyneema Swift

3) what is the weight of the parapack Swift?

Many thanks.
    @Walker I'll be interested in learning the answers to these questions. AFAIK, they've always used Black Ballistic Nylon for the bottoms of the Swifts and Little Swifts, but I don't know anything about the Swifts that are made in 420d HT Nylon Parapack. The bottoms of my 400d Nordic/Steel Dyneema Swift and of my 400d Black/Iberian Dyneema Little Swift use Black Ballistic Nylon. I'd also guess that you could estimate the weight of the Parapack Swift by using the corresponding weight of the 400d Dyneema Swift version. These values usually agree to within about an ounce, based on other product page weights where both Parapack and 400d Dyneema versions are available.

HTH.

I'd also guess ballistic since Dyneema uses it for the bottom. I can't imagine the Swift would be able to stand up otherwise. The crew told me that Dyneema and Parapack are the same 'thickness' (ie, weight) in the Side Effect. I presume they are equivalent in the Swift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    * Favorite TB: Steel Little Swift * Latest TB: Nordic/Solar Synapse 25 * 2014 Wishlist: New 400d Color

And, how about a great navy ballistic/aubergine ballistic outer color combo again as seen in the pics on the product page. Those are my FAV colors, and together they are perfect!!

Thanks @moriond and @kkintea. I was guessing same, but I can dream that the new Swifts in parapack is 100% made of parapack. I don't knit, so I am not concerned about the bag standing up.

I have an olive parapack Swift. The bottom is ballistic, and it needs the structure! I don't have a postal scale or I'd weigh it for you, but it does seem to be about the same weight as dyneema.
    penny likes this.
    SE: b-Aubergine; c-Plum Indigo; d-Steel Nordic Black Solar Wasabi; pp-Olive

SWIFT: Turquoise Plum Hemp Aubergine Olive Nordic Kiwi INDIGO!!!!
    PCSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Iberian Nordic
    SSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic
    LSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic Black

SCB: Plum Nordic
    MCB: Plum Nordic Storm Cocoa

IMAGO: Indigo/Plum, Navy/Cork, Black, Cocoa
    CO-PILOT: Indigo
    AERONAUT 45: Indigo

@ Karen: could you post a pic? I'm dying to see the parapack Swift! I literally just unboxed a steel parapack Side Effect and it is love at first sight! I really hope the Crew considers steel parapack in the next run for the Swift.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Thanks @moriond and @kkintea. I was guessing same, but I can dream that the new Swifts in parapack is 100% made of parapack. I don't knit, so I am not concerned about the bag standing up.
    Well, you also need that bottom structure to carry the Swift comfortably, and to be able to set it down and keep your organization. The same black fabric is in the handles, so it all comes together nicely.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  538.3 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  537.7 KB

@ kkintea, here you go!

This is my first time posting a photo on the forums, so I hope it works! I keep a 2G baggie with a skein of yarn rolled up like a hot dog tucked across the bottom to give it some structure. I love how the parapack resists everything from dog hair to snow, and the color is really nice. And that's coming from someone who normally uses jewel tones.

Edited to add: Hmmm, photos not showing on my iPad. I used the Choose File, Upload, but all that's showing to me is words. I will have to try again after I have coffee.
    Last edited by KatrinkaWinkle; 03-08-2014 at 02:28 PM.
    moriond and Moose like this.
    SE: b-Aubergine; c-Plum Indigo; d-Steel Nordic Black Solar Wasabi; pp-Olive

SWIFT: Turquoise Plum Hemp Aubergine Olive Nordic Kiwi INDIGO!!!!
    PCSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Iberian Nordic
    SSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic
    LSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic Black

SCB: Plum Nordic
    MCB: Plum Nordic Storm Cocoa

IMAGO: Indigo/Plum, Navy/Cork, Black, Cocoa
    CO-PILOT: Indigo
    AERONAUT 45: Indigo

Hmmm...says the links are invalid attachments. Will be interested to see your pics once you get it sorted :-)

Oh the anticipation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    * Favorite TB: Steel Little Swift * Latest TB: Nordic/Solar Synapse 25 * 2014 Wishlist: New 400d Color

Olive/UV parapack Swift

Name:  olive swift 2.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  101.8 KBName:  olive swift.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  88.1 KB

Thanks for posting these photos. Pretty bag.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0