Thread: Large Shop Bag

Large Shop Bag

I almost ordered a large shop bag but looked at the dimensions and it doesn't appear to be very large. Can someone take a pic of a large shop bag next to a Co-Pilot and/or a Synapse 25? That would give me a better idea. Thank you
    Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch | Various Key Straps

Jeff,
    I'm running errands at the moment (and eating lunch)
    So I can't offer up any pics, but one thing I will say is that I never thought about an even larger shop bag.
    If it were any larger I believe it would hurt my wrist to carry a super sized large shop bag.
    On a recent trip I used mine to hold a copilot, snake charmer, pillow and an insulated lunch bag. Oops, and a pair of Toms slippers.
    I'm on my way to Costco with my Large shop bags in tow.
    Cheers.

I also can't envision it any larger. Packed correctly at the grocery store, it can really pack a wallop in terms of carry capacity and weight. I've used it as a personal item to hold my Little Swift, 13" MacBook Cache, a hard drive, sweater and snacks. It's just the right size to go under the seat. You can also use it with the pockets facing out (i.e,. inside out) to fit even more stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

small and large shop bags with synapse 19 - I mainly use the small because the large gets way heavy - good for light bulky stuff like cereal boxes, paper towels etc.

IMG_1982.jpg
    List under construction ....

Wow, that's bigger than I thought, haha! True to all TB products I'm sure it will pack a ton like everyone said. Thanks for your input
    Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch | Various Key Straps

Were the Shop Bags ever made of cordura and ballistic before dyneema? I was wondering what they were like.

Also: how do these bags crumple/pack if you carry them with you in a winter coat pocket?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Also: how do these bags crumple/pack if you carry them with you in a winter coat pocket?
    I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but the suggested storage method for the Shop Bag really contorts it.
    Folding the Tom Bihn Shop Bag - YouTube
    I can't imagine carrying one in your coat pocket would be much different. Frankly, I'm too lazy to fold the bag into its own pocket for storage. I usually push them side-to-side and smush the extra fabric between those side ends. I haven't noticed any srinkling or permenant crumpling.

The shop bag is too big for a coat pocket given the padded straps and seam binding....unless you have huge pockets. I do fold my bags and generally stick one in my CoPilot when out and about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Were the Shop Bags ever made of cordura and ballistic before dyneema? I was wondering what they were like.

Mtnman, a small Shop Bag folded into one of its pocket measured roughly 6.5" square and a smidge over 2" high. This is with it not at all squished up.
    Last edited by Moose; 02-27-2014 at 02:56 AM.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Just wanted to post a quick reply. I finally ordered my first Large Shop Bag which is also my first Nordic product. WOW on both accounts The Nordic is absolutely stunning! Wish it wasn't going away.

I went shopping at my local grocery store last night using the Shop Bag for the first time. I couldn't believe how much it held, very impressed! And it didn't feel too heavy at all. The lady who was bagging groceries asked if I wanted paper or plastic, to which I replied, "How about this beautiful Tom Bihn bag instead?" She said, "Oooooh, that is beautiful! Look at those inside pockets, where did you buy this?" Needless to say the grocery line was being held up for awhile, annoying the customers behind me, oops! Always have to make time for some TB evangelization, right?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0