Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

5/8 shoulder strap for Side Effect

What is the length of the 5/8 inch shoulder strap that comes with the Side Effect?

Thanks in advance for the answer!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly.......

Volunteer Moderator
    The 5/8" shoulder strap for the Side Effect is normally shipped with the strap length set to 42". There's a further 1.5" at each end that marks the distance between the end of the strap and where each Snaphook connects to the o-Rings at the side of the Side Effect. However, you can adjust the strap section of the 5/8" shoulder strap to be any length between 28" (basically doubling up the available strap) and 54.5" (allowing for the buckle placement). Remember to add on the 1.5" at each end for the snaphooks. The product video for the Side Effect shows the shoulder strap in use:

There's also another video demo in preparation of the Side Effect that maverick has been working on, that shows how you can adjust the 5/8" strap to carry the Side Effect messenger bag style (on your back). I'm not sure when this will be out, since I saw the first cut on this, and maverick may be traveling right now.

I actually prefer to use a wider (1" wide) strap with the Side Effect that I have from the Breve (discontinued bag model for carrying the iPad and its accessories). Some people also use the Standard Strap that they have from other bags with their Side Effect.

HTH.

moriond

From tip of clip to tip of clip at the shortest I measure 31.5". Tip to tip at the longest I get 57.5". More than suitable for a shortish shoulder carry or cross body.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Thanks - that's exactly what I needed to know. I will be using the SE as a cross body bag and those lengths are perfect!!!!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0