Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jwiegley

Thread: 24oz Hydro Flask water bottle fits perfectly in a Smart Alec

24oz Hydro Flask water bottle fits perfectly in a Smart Alec

In case others were wondering, I ordered a 24oz black Hydro Flask, steel insulated water bottle, and it fits perfect within the side pouch of the Smart Alec. Here is the bottle I'm talking about:

Name:  2014-02-18-18.34.06.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  69.3 KB

Owing to the insulation and patterned surface, it never "sweats" in the bag, and keeps water cold for a full day easily.
    photocat and tpnl like this.

I have the 21oz in red. I love Hydro Flask! The mouth is smooth and I like the feel of the powder coated body. If it's weird to love a water bottle, then I guess I'm weird. Though there are probably other indications. It fits in both size Synapses, too.

How durable is the finish on these bottles? Any durability advantage to the insulation and patterned surface?

Cheers!
    Zephyr (Black/Steel), Synapse 25 (Black/Iberian), Smart Alec (Black/Steel), Brain Bag (Back/Steel), Aeronaut (Black/Iberian) + PCBP & PCSB (400D Nordic), Tristar (Black/Iberian) + PCBP (400D Nordic), Checkpoint Flyer (Black/Indigo/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel/Indigo Stripe), Vertical Brain Cells (Black, 1, 2S, 4Z, 3), Vertical & Horizontal Freudian Slips, Camera I/O, TT (400D Nordic), Lead's Pocket (Black)

Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    How durable is the finish on these bottles? Any durability advantage to the insulation and patterned surface?
    I'll need to use it a fair bit more to give you reasonable info about the durability. The entire bottle in stainless steel, however, so unless you damage it enough that you change the shape of the mouth and can no longer put the cap on, it should endure what you throw at it. I've had a few other stainless steel insulated bottles before, and I've dropped them many times so that they have huge dents in places, and they've contained working without a hitch.

John

Hydroflasks are pretty durable. Ive had a 40oz and a 21oz for more than a year now. It can keep up with rugged use. Mine's got a few dents already but still performing well. My bro never returned the 40oz so I can't really say if it would fit into either SA or Synapse.

My red Hydroflask is holding up well after more than a year of use, but there are definitely a few discolored scuffs in it from the tumbles it has taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0