Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Advantages of a Snake Charmer?

Advantages of a Snake Charmer?

I love all things Wasabi and my eyes just spied the availability on the TB site of the Snake Charmer in Wasabi Cordura. Unfortunately, practicality prevailed before my TB Acquisition Syndrome could get the upper hand and click the purchase option. I currently use either a Travel Tray (in Wasabi Dyneema) or one side of a Clear Quarter Packing Cube (also in Wasabi Dyneema) to store cables, cords, and chargers for various electrical devices. In what ways is a Snake Charmer better for this purpose? Does it have other uses?

P.S. 6 Bihn Enabler points for the most persuasive argument -- 4 pts already assumed because... hey, it's in WASABI!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

I use one in my Synapse 25. Fits great in the front bottom pocket and really helps give it some structure.

Depending on what bag you're using and what else is in it, the Snake Charmer may fit better.

Volunteer Moderator
    I find the Snake Charmer a bit large to use for Cables, etc. It does fit nicely into the bottom pocket of the Synapse 25, but before then I would have said it was really ideally sized for use in bags like the Brain Bag. I tended to more frequently use one side of the Clear Quarter Packing Cube (good fit for laptop hard drives), or both sides if I were carrying a lot of electronics and cables. That configuration also worked well if you were using an Aeronaut. If I use the Snake Charmer in the Synapse 25, I'm liable to stuff 3D Organizer Cubes (which is what I use more frequently in the Synapse 19, and other bags) inside of it.

Another suggestion if you like the texture of the 500d Wasabi Cordura: call in and ask whether they have any organizer pouches in that color. I have a large organizer pouch in Wasabi Cordura. I like to use the finer texture 500d Cordura pouches if I need/want to separately carry papers.

moriond
    taminca likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Another suggestion if you like the texture of the 500d Wasabi Cordura: call in and ask whether they have any organizer pouches in that color. I have a large organizer pouch in Wasabi Cordura. I like to use the finer texture 500d Cordura pouches if I need/want to separately carry papers.
    Great suggestion! Thanks, moriond.
    -- David Whyte

Volunteer Moderator
    There's a picture of the Wasabi organizer pouch in question sticking up from a Cocoa/Wasabi Imago in the How do you use your Large Organizer Pouch thread.

I got SC back in the days of big cables and power bricks and it was the shizz. Now, I'm kinda at a loss of how to utilize it to full potential. It did/does fit great at the top of a BB main compartment to keep smaller things accessible.
    [2003] Brain Bag (w/Snake Charmer & 3 Monolith/Brain Cells)
    - [2010] Aeronaut (w/Absolute, 1lg/2sm Packing Cubes, Travel Tray & 3D clear cube)
    - - [2013] Co-Pilot (w/ Cache, Clear Org wallet, S.O.S., 3D Clear & mesh cubes, Passport pouch)
    - - - Small dyneema Shopbag
    - - - - Various TB stuff (organizers, straps, whistles, etc.)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dnarud13 View Post
    I got SC back in the days of big cables and power bricks and it was the shizz. Now, I'm kinda at a loss of how to utilize it to full potential. It did/does fit great at the top of a BB main compartment to keep smaller things accessible.
    Janine uses the Snake Charmer as a Diaper Charmer.

Ok, call me crazy but, toiletries (soap, razors, floss, any non-311 items) on one side, a couple pair of socks and underware on the other. You can get two maybe three day worth of stuff in there.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Janine uses the Snake Charmer as a Diaper Charmer.
    Good idea...but no kids, none on the horizon, and hopefully many decades before I need the adult version
    snowbot likes this.
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Ok, call me crazy but, toiletries (soap, razors, floss, any non-311 items) on one side, a couple pair of socks and underware on the other. You can get two maybe three day worth of stuff in there.
    Moose
    Actually, not a bad idea, especially combined with bigjake's observation about fit in the S25's bottom pocket. I have not tried one-bagging with S25 for an overnighter or 2, but I can see the possibility. Thanks!
    -- David Whyte

An overnight or two is quite doable. I've packed mine for as many as five days, including my coffee kit, without any trouble.
    Moose
    taminca likes this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Moose
    That's a great idea!
    Moose likes this.

Agree with all of these. I use my travel treys for cables. Look less strange when I put them on the desk and in the era of small chargers for my ipad and ultrabook (with space to spare for my mouse!), the snake charmer is really overkill. Haven't found a good use for it in a while...

Love your idea of using it for toiletries + socks + underwear, Moose! Wonder if the snake charmer fits in one of the Pilot's front pockets... it's quite close in dimensions to the small packing cube, but an inch wider... (Pilot small packing cube: 10.8" x 6.3" x 2.4" vs. Snake Charmer 10.5" x 5.5" x 3.5").
    Moose likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0