Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Advantages of a Snake Charmer?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Dear Moose, I was recently wondering if the SC could be used for socks, underwear, etc. and actually posted a question about it somewhere else in the forum. The SC seems to take full advantage of that generous bottom pocket in the S 25. As I'm focusing on how to use my S25 as my single clothes carry for long vacations, this was really helpful news . Thanx. Does the SC use all the space on that pocket? Any room left over to also stash mini and!/or small OPs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've stuffed my snake charmer full of electronics and cords in to my Synapse 25. You can fit probably fit 1-2 extra smaller sized items (in there like some chargers/etc) in there along with the snake charmer but it's not exactly a comfortable fit. Every time I put extra stuff in that bottom pocket along with my snake charmer it made for getting things out very difficult.

Of course, if you're using a snake charmer for socks/underwear, you may be able to squish a bit more but probably not too much. I think it'd all depend on how thick you packed the snake charmer.

Twice now I have used my snake charmer to carry my cables and crap, and the airport security folks have made me take it out and show them, and then rescan my bag. I guess all that gear in one place looks funny on an xray machine. This happened both times in India, so I'm not sure if it's a local thing or if it will happen in other places as well. Annoying though.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemel View Post
    From one Wasabi lover to another, you only need one reason to get a Wasabi Snake Charmer and that is the to purchase one of everything that TB offers in Wasabi!
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    monkeylady, I caved and ordered the Wasabi Snake Charmer. It was beautiful but huge! I packed it with undies and hankies on one side and socks on the other -- a week's worth without doing laundry would fit! When I put it in the bottom pocket of my S25, it fits but there was not room for anything else. (I really did pack it full, though.) Also, it was bulky and heavy compared to the Eagle Creek Specter cubes that I usually use for undies and socks. I much prefer Specter cubes and could not think of any other use for the SC...so back to Seattle it went.
    For anyone who is a fan of both the Snake Charmer and Wasabi, they've just restocked this product in Wasabi. I think that color option has not been available for several weeks. Also, @taminca, I don't know whether you tried the Snake Charmer in your Smart Alec, but the Smart Alec and Brain Bags are two backpacks that seem well sized for carrying a Snake Charmer in the main compartment.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 05-09-2014 at 01:39 PM.
    Ilkyway likes this.

Which colors are parapack vs. cordura?
    --------------------------------

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Which colors are parapack vs. cordura?
    I think that all the other Snake Charmer colors are Parapack. Wasabi was one of the few remaining Cordura colors that was left in the last round of Snake Charmer color listings. I believe Cayenne finally sold out entirely some months ago, since that Cordura color was being discontinued. You can ask whether the Olive is Cordura, but I think it is one of the Parapack color options. Wasabi is only available in Cordura (since they haven't made the Snake Charmers in Dyneema), and I was surprised to see it listed again today.
    Last edited by moriond; 05-09-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Most places I've seen parapack it's been refered to as 420d. Everything currently on offer looks, to my very untrained eye, like cordura. I could be completely wrong too.
    Moose
    Last edited by Moose; 05-09-2014 at 04:02 PM.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Most places I've seen parapack it's been refered to as 420d. Everything currently on offer looks, to my very untrained eye, like cordura. I could be completely wrong too.
    Moose
    @Moose, you may be correct, but they have not always followed this rule for accessories that are available in multiple material formats. At one time this wasn't specified for the Clear Organizer Wallets. Many product photos have not been updated on accessories product page sites. Also, I recall when the Snake Charmer page was updated to read "420d HT nylon Classic Parapack or 500d Cordura®". You'll note that all the Snake Charmer colors except for Wasabi are now 420d HT nylon Classic Parapack colors, and it was my impression that they were trying to move over to using Parapack as a replacement for Cordura. In addition, while there may still be some 500d Olive Cordura still left, in the Cafe Bags with Olive liniings they have moved to using Olive parapack. I don't know that there was ever any Navy 500d Cordura in recent years, and again, on the Cafe Bags all the Navy linings are Parapack. So my suspicion is that the Black, Olive, Navy, and Steel colors listed in the drop down menu for the Snake Charmer, and that coincide with the current range of Parapack colors, are in fact, Parapack.

moriond
    Moose likes this.

Thanks moriond. I'm challenged to to tell the difference between parapack and cordura sometimes. The two fabrics are very different in person, in the photos not so much.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I just ordered the Wasabi Snake Charmer - I prefer Cordura to Parapack and want to have a chance to try this item before Wasabi disappears again (if it does, I assume it will eventually given the shift to Parapack for so many items). I read through several posts on alternate uses for the SC. It looks like a great way to storage travel essentials and the Diaper Charmer from @Janine was a great idea!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0