Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Advantages of a Snake Charmer?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Moose and moriond, you both are such enablers! They had a coffee-themed one that I could not resist . Next trip, I will bring my own coffee kit inspired by Moose!
    Was that the one that when closed up showed the small mug labeled "Coffee" at an angle on the cover, and that had more black print tones rather than floral motifs? (Of course, it doesn't show up now, if you bought it). Always happy to oblige,
    Moose likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Was that the one that when closed up showed the small mug labeled "Coffee" at an angle on the cover, and that had more black print tones rather than floral motifs? (Of course, it doesn't show up now, if you bought it). Always happy to oblige,
    Yup! That was the one . I also bought the one with green, rolling hills dotted with cute houses. Thought I could save it for gifting...maybe. It has that "Touch of Home" theme.
    Moose likes this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

I have always resisted the Snake Charmer urge, but if it was to come out in Dyneema I would surely buckle.
    taminca likes this.
    --------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    This isn't Moose, but I believe that if you go to the Etsy page of Flossie Blossoms you'll find different patterns for her Tea Condiment Wallet that was the item described in Moose's Six Days One Synapse thread. Moose can correct me if this is wrong.
    I just went back to Flossie Blossoms to get a ruler-patterned Tea Condiment Wallet for a friend's birthday and it has been sold since yesterday! They must have gotten some business from Forum members because the inventory looks a bit smaller
    Last edited by taminca; 02-17-2014 at 09:44 PM.
    -- David Whyte

I use the snake charmer like this: one side for my macbook charger and travel mouse and the other side for a travel hard drive and various cables.

I like it because it allows me to keep all of my computer related stuff in one pouch but still have organization with the two sides. Before I'd have multiple pouches with my stuff separated in to different pouches. The snake charmer simplifies things a bit for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    taminca likes this.

I just went back to Flossie Blossoms to get a ruler-patterned Tea Condiment Wallet for a friend's birthday and it has been sold since yesterday! They must have gotten some business from Forum members because the inventory looks a bit smaller
    Sorry! That was me :/ And just to make it worthwhile shipping it to the UK, I ordered another to keep it company on the journey

Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    Sorry! That was me :/ And just to make it worthwhile shipping it to the UK, I ordered another to keep it company on the journey
    You have excellent taste!
    -- David Whyte

She will do a custom order I'll bet.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Dear Moose, I was recently wondering if the SC could be used for socks, underwear, etc. and actually posted a question about it somewhere else in the forum. The SC seems to take full advantage of that generous bottom pocket in the S 25. As I'm focusing on how to use my S25 as my single clothes carry for long vacations, this was really helpful news . Thanx. Does the SC use all the space on that pocket? Any room left over to also stash mini and!/or small OPs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Moose likes this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Hi monkeylady, I wish I could tell you how the SC fits the S25 bottom pocket. However, I've not owned both at the same time. One thing to remember, once you have packed for a week, or less, you can be packed for ages, if you're willing to do washing. As for socks and underware, truth to tell you can get by with two of each, but, on a multi week trip four or five is more than enough.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I'm always willing to wash and do. Need to, actually as my trips are typically 2-3 weeks. Laundry service is even better. So it looks like a SC is somewhere in my near future. Maybe it can join my order of an Aeronaut Jr. when the time comes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Moose likes this.

I was just about to post a thread about the snake charmer.

I'm pretty new to Tom Bihn gear, but have th Aeronaut, and now the pilot.

I have a couple medium packing cubes for the aeronaut, the backpack packing cube, and the the snake charmer that I use with the Aeronaut.

I was actually thinking about posting becuase I find the snake charmer to be pretty awkward to use. if the main compartment of the Aeronaut is full, and if I have my medium cubes in the end pockets, the snake charmer doesn't fit.

I'm going on a 3day/2night business trip today and have my gear packed, and was able to put two business shirts using the "cutting board + air-filled-ziplock bag" method inside of the backpack, and the snake charmer and an iPad are on top of that all in the main compartment, tha tworks fine. But, when I have more stuff in the main compartment the Snake Charmer just has to awkwardly bulge on top... it doesn't fit in the side... the side pockets have my packing cubes with usually a pair of shoes in one, and undergarments rolled up into the other... So yeah.

As for what I put in the snake charmer, I use one side for chargers and stuff, and the other side actually for my deoderant, electric shaver if I need it, tooth brush, lotion, stuff like that.

Anyway. Going to read through this thread to see how other people are liking it!

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Dear Moose, I was recently wondering if the SC could be used for socks, underwear, etc. and actually posted a question about it somewhere else in the forum. The SC seems to take full advantage of that generous bottom pocket in the S 25. As I'm focusing on how to use my S25 as my single clothes carry for long vacations, this was really helpful news . Thanx. Does the SC use all the space on that pocket? Any room left over to also stash mini and!/or small OPs?
    monkeylady, I caved and ordered the Wasabi Snake Charmer. It was beautiful but huge! I packed it with undies and hankies on one side and socks on the other -- a week's worth without doing laundry would fit! When I put it in the bottom pocket of my S25, it fits but there was not room for anything else. (I really did pack it full, though.) Also, it was bulky and heavy compared to the Eagle Creek Specter cubes that I usually use for undies and socks. I much prefer Specter cubes and could not think of any other use for the SC...so back to Seattle it went.
    -- David Whyte

Tam, Thanks so much for this info. Bulky and heavy....not good news. I'll change my plan cuz no more heavy stuff is going on my back when there are lighter choices. I have specter cubes also and love them. They can be stuffed pretty full. What configuration do you use in that lower front pocket of the SE? I have full ones, half size, quarter size and some pouches, but have only used them in the main compartment. I also own 2 PCSBs. They'll stack on top of each other in the main compartment and likely fit that bottom front pocket. It was just the nice curved lines of the SC that got to me.....sigh.

monkeylady, for me, one half cube (for camis and briefs) and one quarter cube (for socks) fit nicely and easily in that front bottom pocket of the S25 and hold enough for 4 daily changes without doing laundry. There is still room left if I need to squeeze more in but prefer not to pack the S25 to the max. Have not tried using the Specter pouches for this compartment.

Yup, the curve of the Snake Charmer enticed me also...plus, it was in Wasabi! However, for this particular use, it did not work as well for me as the Specter cubes. I really wanted a practical reason to keep it, but already have a Travel Tray to hold my chargers and cords.
    Last edited by taminca; 03-12-2014 at 06:40 AM.
    -- David Whyte

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0