Smart Alec - Outer Accessory Pocket Questions

Has anyone ever used the "lower" outer accessory attachment pocket on the late-model Smart Alec backpack to haul camera/camcorder gear? Anyone ever tried to fit a small padded aftermarket camera insert in there? If so, which camera insert did you use and how did it work?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Has anyone ever used the "lower" outer accessory attachment pocket on the late-model Smart Alec backpack to haul camera/camcorder gear? Anyone ever tried to fit a small padded aftermarket camera insert in there? If so, which camera insert did you use and how did it work?
    Interesting question. I haven't tried using it for camera gear, but out of curiosity, I just tried to stick an empty Crumpler Haven Small in the lower pocket. It did not fit. Wasn't even really close. I think you'd be limited to lens pouches and accessories, rather than something that can hold a full camera. The lower pocket's dimensions really make it ideal for tall relatively round things--often a pair of tall round things can fit next to each other.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0