Horizontal Freudian Slip in the Pilot?

I'm wanting to use the Pilot as a full-time briefcase. Does the horizontal Freudian slip fit in the pilot?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HYPEractiv View Post
    I'm wanting to use the Pilot as a full-time briefcase. Does the horizontal Freudian slip fit in the pilot?
    No, according to the specs the Horizontal Freudian Slip is too tall to fit into the Pilot:

Horizontal Freudian Slip
    15" x 12" x .5" / 380 x 300 x 13 mm

Pilot
    Dimensions: 15.4" x 11.4" x 5.1" / 390 x 290 x 130 mm

The Horizontal Freudian Slip does fit into the taller 15/13 Cadet. But one of the discussion points about using the Cadet inside the middle compartment of the Tri-Star was that the handles tend to press against the zipper because of the height of this bag.

It didn't fit into the (now-discontinued) Imago, either, which is another bag that some people use inside the Tri-Star's middle compartment.
    Last edited by moriond; 02-04-2014 at 07:14 AM.

Just got the pilot in the mail. It will zip, but I don't like adding stress on zippers when it doesn't need stress; therefore, I wont be using my beloved horizontal freudian slip with the pilot. Where do I make official suggestions to make the horizontal freudian slip universally fit all "laptop" bags?

I was just wondering yesterday if the horizontal slip would fit in the Pilot - glad you guys figured it out so I don't have to!

Thanks!

Check out Jetpens.com:

Lihit Lab Teffa Bag - Size A4 or A5
    or
    Kutsuwa Dr. Ion Multi Work Case - Size A4

The Dr. Ion fits in the Pilot however, the quality & craftsmanship along with pocket layout PALES in comparison to the Freudian Slip. There is no stiffening/support offered either... might be worth a shot if you are desperate.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0