Cubes for Tri-Star

So as I have said before, I'm mulling buying a Tri-Star. I would love to be able to buy the packing cubes to go with it too, but the price for everything right now is far too steep. I do, however, have an entire set of Eagle Creek packing cubes, and I was wondering does anyone use them/a certain configuration in the Tri-Star? I know the 18 packing envelope fits in one of the main compartments, but what about the other cube-possibilities? I am just trying to gauge how well I will be able to organize a Tri-Star with the cubes that i already have. (I have the 18 Pack-it folder, the full cube, half cubes, and those long narrow ones that are for socks and undies and stuff.)

Thanks!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by atarango1 View Post
    So as I have said before, I'm mulling buying a Tri-Star. I would love to be able to buy the packing cubes to go with it too, but the price for everything right now is far too steep. I do, however, have an entire set of Eagle Creek packing cubes, and I was wondering does anyone use them/a certain configuration in the Tri-Star? I know the 18 packing envelope fits in one of the main compartments, but what about the other cube-possibilities? I am just trying to gauge how well I will be able to organize a Tri-Star with the cubes that i already have. (I have the 18 Pack-it folder, the full cube, half cubes, and those long narrow ones that are for socks and undies and stuff.)

Thanks!
    I'll have to get back about this later, because I usually use the Tom Bihn packing cubes most in my Tri-Star. The most useful size of the Tom Bihn Packing cubes for me in the Tri-Star is the Medium Packing Cube:

Tri-Star Medium
    TB0948 12.8" / 325mm 11.3" / 288mm 2.4" / 60mm 3.2 oz / 90gr

(This is also a good sizes Packing Cube to use in a few other bags, like the Synapse 19). I pack most of my clothes in this cube (in the front left pocket), and the rear compartment (where you can use the 18" Eagle Creek folder).

The quarter cubes are a convenient size and width to use in the front pockets if you want to divide them up, but you might then want to use the middle compartment for your clothes. (I generally stash my Little Swift here). Here are the Specter Cube dimension:

Specter cube
    DIMENSIONS
    14 x 10 x 3 in / 36 x 25 x 8 cm

Specter half cube
    DIMENSIONS
    10 x 7 x 3 in / 25 x 18 x 8 cm

Specter quarter cubes
    DIMENSIONS
    7.5 x 4.5 x 2.5 in / 19 x 11 x 6 cm

Hopefully

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0