Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Prost
  • 1 Post By Rocks
  • 1 Post By chrisc983
  • 1 Post By Badger
  • 5 Post By Rocks

Thread: Synapse 25 and Packing Cubes

Synapse 25 and Packing Cubes

I'm really considering the purchase of the Synapse 25. I saw on it's page that they recommend a Tri-Star Medium Packing Cube for carrying an extra set of clothes for a carry on. They do say that this is for the elastic pocket on the inside, but I'm not too concerned with a packing cube fitting in there.

Does anyone have any experience with Packing Cubes and the Synapse 25? Is a bigger packing cube going to work?
    eWalker likes this.

I have both a medium Tristar packing cube and a Western Flyer packing cube backpack and they both fit in the Synapse 25. You have to scrunch the PCBP a little. But it works. I used both in my Synapse 25 for two weeks and it was my only bag.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    I have both a medium Tristar packing cube and a Western Flyer packing cube backpack and they both fit in the Synapse 25. You have to scrunch the PCBP a little. But it works. I used both in my Synapse 25 for two weeks and it was my only bag.
    I was planning on using the western flyer packing cube backpack inside of the Synapse 25 as a daypack when traveling as well. When you say you have to scrunch it to fit, I'm assuming you can pack it full. Does it take up much more room than a regular packing cube since it has straps? By any any chance do you have any pics you can post with it inside of the synapse 25? Thanks.
    eWalker likes this.

For a recent trip I used two small Aeronaut packing cubes and was happy to be able to move them around inside my Synapse. I also had a 15" laptop and other things.

I'm taking another trip next week and I'll likely use the TS/WF PCBP for my clothes because I'll have more outfits and fewer electronics.

TL;DR version: depending on what else you're packing, you may want one large cube or a few smaller ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.

Here's my setup. It was fun to recreate because it reminded me of how well organized I was on my trip to Italy, a feat I'm unaccustomed to in real life
    Here's the WF PCBP, inverted. It can fit a Tristar medium packing cube and a PCSB, with some overlap.
    Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 644
Size:  159.6 KB

And here it is, zipped up and snug in the Synapse 25.
    Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 638
Size:  160.6 KB

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0