Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Way to piggy-back Co-Pilot (or Pilot) on Tri-Star (or Aeronaut)?

This idea isn't quite as neat as some of the other ones here but I think it is doable. If you undo the snaps on the top carry handle of the Aeronaut, pass one side of the handle through the channel meant for a wheelie bag on the back of the Co-pilot then redo the snaps the Co-pilot will sit partway on top of the Aeronaut when the Aeronaut is carried with the shoulder strap. Not sure how much weight it would handle this way...

Quote Originally Posted by katlaoesk View Post
    This idea isn't quite as neat as some of the other ones here but I think it is doable. If you undo the snaps on the top carry handle of the Aeronaut, pass one side of the handle through the channel meant for a wheelie bag on the back of the Co-pilot then redo the snaps the Co-pilot will sit partway on top of the Aeronaut when the Aeronaut is carried with the shoulder strap. Not sure how much weight it would handle this way...
    I don't have an Aeronaut (yet?), so I'm having a hard time picturing this, but the more approaches the better!

So, it works! Pretty decently, really. I've attached pictures of my Tri-Star and my brand new Pilot piggy-backed on it. The length of the connector straps is completely adjustable, but this seemed about right.
    Name:  Piggy-back.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  246.2 KB
    I'm not sure if I wouldn't be better off carrying with opposite shoulders, but it DOES work, and reasonably decently. The "connector straps" are 3/4" "belts" with two snap hooks on each. The picture should be big enough for you to zoom in if you want to see more details. If anyone needs more info, just let me know!

You can also see one of these luggage tags, though I blanked out my identifying info....
    moriond and tpnl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoz View Post
    I don't have an Aeronaut (yet?), so I'm having a hard time picturing this, but the more approaches the better!
    I will try to post a picture this weekend.
    “What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore, it knows it's not fooling a soul.” - American Gods
    My current hoard: Forest/Ultraviolet Aeronaut, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Indigo/Steel Brain Bag, Size 1 Horizontal Brain Cell, Size 1 Vertical Brain Cell, Storm 3D Clear Organizer Cube, Various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps Galore!

Not nearly as elegant as the other methods posted here, but this works with a not-too-heavy Co-pilot. It works best if the Aeronaut is pretty full. I think it might stress seams too much if the Co-pilot where heavy, but it could free up a shoulder in a pinch.Name:  IMG_20140215_104502.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  880.5 KBName:  IMG_20140215_104524.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  832.6 KB
    “What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore, it knows it's not fooling a soul.” - American Gods
    My current hoard: Forest/Ultraviolet Aeronaut, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Indigo/Steel Brain Bag, Size 1 Horizontal Brain Cell, Size 1 Vertical Brain Cell, Storm 3D Clear Organizer Cube, Various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps Galore!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0