Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

The Aeronaut on Ryan Air

Hi there,

I am thinking of purchasing the Aeronaut bag for a trip to Europe this summer. I will be taking some internal flights on Ryan Air and was wondering if anyone had taken the Aeronaut on that airline. I think their requirements on carry-on bags might be a bit smaller than other airlines.

Thanks for any help!

Katie

According to Ryanair: http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-...s-cabinbaggage

8.7.1 You may carry one cabin bag per passenger (no allowance for infants travelling on their parents lap) weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, plus 1 small bag up to 35 x 20 x 2

The aeronaut is 55.5x35.5x23.0 cm and thus is very slightly oversized. However, if you don't overpack, it should fit into the sizer. If I'm not mistaken, Ryanair are much stricter about weight so you'll really want to keep your bag under 10 kg (22 lbs). Since that much weight would be a real bummer to carry around, a smarter range to shoot for is somewhere a bit less than 10% of your body weight.

An Aeronaut in Dyneema might be something to check out, since it's much lighter than its ballistic brethren. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Ryan Air is anything like FlyBe - you shouldn't have any problems. I've been on multiple FlyBe flights and one thing is that if you wear it as a backpack, I've never even been asked to have it weighed (unlike everyone ahead of me who has a wheeled case).

This is with it actually being heavier than the 10kg limit too ... I guess if they figure you can wear it on your back it shouldn't be a problem!

Good luck - and get the Absolute Strap with it as well! I *forgot* to do this my last trip since I thought I would backpack it most of the time, and I sorely (literally) missed it!
    Expat living in Japan
    iPad Ristretto Aeronaut Synapse Lg Shop Bag lots of little accessory pouches - straps - and other goodies!
    Flickr Blog
    Now ... what else do I "need" ...

If you fly with it in Italy then you should expect it to be weighed.

Edit: on Ryan Air.
    Last edited by Skoop; 01-12-2014 at 05:39 AM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0