Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Lara
  • 2 Post By Lara
  • 2 Post By taminca
  • 2 Post By moriond
  • 3 Post By moriond

Thread: Clear Organizer Wallets in 420d Parapack?

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Clear Organizer Wallets in 420d Parapack?

Just wondering if anyone's heard any mention of the Clear Organizer Wallet being produced in the new 420d Parapack material? Or in several more Dyneema colours, to match other bags?
    eWalker likes this.
    Aeronaut 45; Synapse 19; Co-Pilot; PCBP & other packing cubes; Swift; 2 x Little Swifts; Side Effect; 5 Shop Bags; Small Cafe Bag; 6 Travel Trays; 4 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes; Cache ; Guardian Lights; 3 x 3D Clear Organizer Cubes; 3 x 3D Organizer Cubes; 4 Yarn Stuff Sacks; 8 Clear Organizer Wallets; many, many pouches; Cafe Messenger Stabilizer.

Oh gosh - just checked the Clear Organizer Wallet page again, and even more colours have been added! Now, how to decide? I may have to order at least a couple....
    Darcy and eWalker like this.
    Aeronaut 45; Synapse 19; Co-Pilot; PCBP & other packing cubes; Swift; 2 x Little Swifts; Side Effect; 5 Shop Bags; Small Cafe Bag; 6 Travel Trays; 4 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes; Cache ; Guardian Lights; 3 x 3D Clear Organizer Cubes; 3 x 3D Organizer Cubes; 4 Yarn Stuff Sacks; 8 Clear Organizer Wallets; many, many pouches; Cafe Messenger Stabilizer.

Lara, how do you use them aside from the obvious?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    So far, I've really just used them as wallets. I have three already, and use them with the different TB bags that I carry as EDC purses. Because they're the same size as mini pouches, I might utilize them as such, though, because I get to choose the colours!

The reason I originally asked about this is that I was ordering a Side Effect for my son, and there wasn't a wallet to match his first choice of SE colours, navy Parapack. He settled on black, and we have a black wallet on backorder for him to match it.
    Last edited by Lara; 01-28-2014 at 09:48 PM. Reason: spelling (past my bedtime)

Not Lara, but I use one to hold business cards and receipts, monkeylady. My business cards go in the front section, with business cards I collect from others during a business trip in the middle section, and receipts for the trip in the third. After each trip, I scan the collected business cards to add to my Contacts and submit receipts for reimbursements.

And I also use one as a wallet to store ID, medical and car insurance cards, and credit cards
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

taminca,

Nice to learn there are more uses for the Clear Organizer Wallet. I wonder if anyone ever owned more than one of these wallets, and carried multiple versions to do different things. (One for cash and cards/ID, another for business cards and receipts, etc.)

When you scan those acquired cards in, what scanner and software do you use? I've seen some gadgets that do that kind of thing on TV and at office supply stores, but I'm just wondering which one actually works and if it's available on MacOS X.

Thanks for your insights.

--MtnMan
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    When you scan those acquired cards in, what scanner and software do you use? I've seen some gadgets that do that kind of thing on TV and at office supply stores, but I'm just wondering which one actually works and if it's available on MacOS X.
    MtnMan, I use my iPhone as a "scanner" along with an App called CamCard. CamCard uses the phone's camera to take a image of the business card and optical character recognition (OCR) technology to "read" the relevant information and fill out a data entry form. Best of all, it can then add or merge that new data to my existing Contacts.

The App does make occasional errors but the image of the business card can be accessed to make corrections. Most of the time, it works fine but some business card designs and unusual text will result in errors.

There is also a CamCard HD for the iPad. I do not know if there is a version for Mac OS but doubt it. Because the new business card's information is added to my Contacts, which syncs between my various devices, I do not need an card scanning program on my Mac.
    alief and flaneuse like this.
    -- David Whyte

Hmmm... I'm in the hills, where cellphone service is unreliable at best. I wonder if this technology would work with an iPod Touch...
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Hmmm... I'm in the hills, where cellphone service is unreliable at best. I wonder if this technology would work with an iPod Touch...
    The App's description says it will work on the iPod Touch 5. There is a free version that you can download to try out the App.
    -- David Whyte

Volunteer Moderator
    @monkeylady I have most of the different clear organizer wallets, such as displayed in this old blog post, with the multiple wallets in Cork (now no longer offered) being especial favorites. I find the wallets more useful than the Mini organizer pouches of the same size -- mainly because of the Ultrasuede dividers. These are really good for storing anything that needs separate or careful storage -- like sim card tools and sim cards, small memory cards and sticks, short cables, and anything that might need slightly more protection (could be earrings or small electronics gear like an earphone headset that you want handy, but with parts you don't want to detach or easily roll around and get lost).

Even just for wallet/currency storage these are nice, because it is easy to recognize the pouches both tactilely (Cork, UltraSuede, and Hemp -- now not currently available, Dyneema, Ballistic Nylon, Cordura (now both 200d and 400d), and now Parapack -- and by the colors of both the back of the pouch or of the Ultrasuede dividers (if you've been buying these for a while, since they periodically change the color combinations used for the dividers). You can also obviously use whatever is displayed in the clear window to identify the contents, if you're using more than one wallet. One thing you can do is stick a business card from a restaurant you tried and liked while traveling in front of the window for that country's currency

HTH. Will try to post a quick picture, but I've lost lots of typed in posts simply by waiting to add content and not pressing the "post" button

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @monkeylady I have most of the different clear organizer wallets, such as displayed in this old blog post, with the multiple wallets in Cork (now no longer offered) being especial favorites. I find the wallets more useful than the Mini organizer pouches of the same size -- mainly because of the Ultrasuede dividers. These are really good for storing anything that needs separate or careful storage -- like sim card tools and sim cards, small memory cards and sticks, short cables, and anything that might need slightly more protection (could be earrings or small electronics gear like an earphone headset that you want handy, but with parts you don't want to detach or easily roll around and get lost).

Even just for wallet/currency storage these are nice, because it is easy to recognize the pouches both tactilely (Cork, UltraSuede, and Hemp -- now not currently available, Dyneema, Ballistic Nylon, Cordura (now both 200d and 400d), and now Parapack -- and by the colors of both the back of the pouch or of the Ultrasuede dividers (if you've been buying these for a while, since they periodically change the color combinations used for the dividers). You can also obviously use whatever is displayed in the clear window to identify the contents, if you're using more than one wallet. One thing you can do is stick a business card from a restaurant you tried and liked while traveling in front of the window for that country's currency

HTH. Will try to post a quick picture, but I've lost lots of typed in posts simply by waiting to add content and not pressing the "post" button
    This is a quick picture of some of the organizer wallets I have. Sorry I can,t show both sides. The Kiwi Ballistic wallet has blue and red Ultrasuede on the other side, while the Azalea Cordura (not shown here) has white and red dividers. With a lot of these wallets I store short cable connectors inside. I have a couple of Dyneema wallets (Wasabi and Steel -- all that was available until the recent Product Page additions). The only Ballistic Nylon varieties before the current additions were Kiwi, Cardinal (shown here) and Aubergine (attached to a different bag). Cork (my favorite, and most used) and Hemp are shown here. The back material of the wallet with the sim card tool, sim cards, small adapter for new MacBooks to use the olde power bricks, and USB key and headset, is Cocoa Ultrasuede. I've actually now been using the size 1 Knitting Tool Pouch to store things like the sim card tools in the visible end pockets instead of the wallets. Many of the vibrant Cordura colors of the past (like Azalea and Turquoise) are in no longer available, but stalwarts like Plum, Navy, Cocoa, etc are still offered.

I did find it slightly confusing that the web site listing of colors Black, Steel, Forest, and Aubergine didn't list that the fabric was Ballistic Nylon, (I guess when Aubergine was listed you knew that was only a Ballistic Nylon color, and the same when Forest was recently listed). The 400d Dyneema options (Black and Nordic) are all new, as are the Ultraviolet and Solar Dyneema options. And all the Parapack Nylon options are new.

Current divider colors are the same gray and leaf green that they used for the previous lot of Aubergine wallets. If you like the dividers but don't want a clear window, there's also an option in Navy Cordura that is fabric on both sides.

Finally, I've shown these attached to one of the Double Carabiner clips that were introduced with the Knitting Tool Pouches. This is to show what I've stated in other threads such as the Side Effect + S-biners as Pocket Pouch thread and the Double Carabiner, 4 Thumbs Up! thread, the slightly flattened design of the Double Carabiner loops lets you slide both the snap hook pouches like the Clear Organizer Wallet and the large O-Ring Knitting tool pouches on the loops. You can order the Double Carabiner as a separate Parts accessory. The item appears at near the bottom of the drop down options. HTH.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391109754.426579.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  113.0 KB

Dear Moriond,

Thanks for such a thorough answer. You've stimulated my thinking for all kinds of uses!

My one and only TB wallet is cork and I feel lucky to have it. It took me a while to adjust to using it as a wallet after years of using a small leather folding wallet. Now I see that it has many advantages, the least of which is that its flat, small profile is an easy fit in my SE (which is my EDC). My one gripe with it has been that it's hard to carry coinage, but with our nano pouch Xmas gift, that problem has been solved. I clip it to my wallet with a double carabiner.

I rather like the ideas of carrying my CCs separately from cash, the use of one exclusively for foreign currency (it's a practice I currently employ but with a rather inferior non TB pouch. It looks like more wallets are in my future.

Again, thanks for your thoughtful and thorough reply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    The App's description says it will work on the iPod Touch 5. There is a free version that you can download to try out the App.
    Thanks for the tip!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0