Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By gretch17
  • 1 Post By terayon
  • 1 Post By Moose
  • 1 Post By kkintea

Thread: Swift and Side Effect together, good fit?

Swift and Side Effect together, good fit?

Hello, I am a knitter and I LOVE my Swift! It goes with me everywhere and carries all my supplies and projects. When I run into a store I don't like taking the full bag with me and wanted something to put inside the Swift that I can take out and go. I was thinking of getting a Side Effect and was wonder if anyone has used these 2 bags together, does it fit well or take up to much space?..... how do you like the 2 bags together? I would use the Side Effect as a small purse with the crossbody strap that can be carried inside the Swift, but pulled out and use on its own when needed. Thanks!!

Yup, I do that with my side effect. They fit together nicely. The swift is my favorite TB bag because of how much I can fit. I have a quarter packing cube on the bottom with all of my knitting gadgets in (it fits several pouches for more organization), book, notebook, knitting project and on the very top, the side effect with wrist strap that I can just grab. I also have one of the organizer wallets with a wrist strap, so when I'm carrying more and don't want to save room for the side effect, I can just clip it inside and quickly unclip it to run into a store. I bet you'll get a lot of use out of the side effect with your swift!
    Last edited by gretch17; 01-02-2014 at 10:50 PM.

The Side Effect works marvelously for this purpose. I usually have my SE standing vertically in my Swift on knit night, though it also can fit horizontally. I usually clip both ends of the shoulder strap to one of the SE's o-rings, then tie up the excess length. Then the strap is always with the SE as it goes between bags (Swift for knit night, Ego for work, Synapse for EDC), in case I want to take it on its own (eg walking my daughter to school).

Thank you so much, that helped a lot!!

I love my Swift and SE together. I hook everything to an O ring. On flights I use to long key straps hooked to the O rings in an X configuration. Since the Swift doesn't have a zipper this really helps keep things in the bag. Makes it tougher for creepy little paws to get something out of the bag too.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I use the Side Effect with the Swift or Little Swift everyday. I have a 16" key strap clipped to both ends to make it easy to pull out; exactly what you described.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel LS * Latest: Nordic/Solar S25 * Wishlist: New 400d Color

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0