Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By Proctor
  • 1 Post By jenlrile

Thread: Hole between side and front pockets in Synapse 25?

Hole between side and front pockets in Synapse 25?

I just bought a Synapse 25, and in playing with it, I noticed that in the lining on the inside of the side pockets, where it gathers into a corner that borders the middle pocket, the lining isn't fully sewed. You can stick your finger through the corner and touch the stuff in the deeper of the two front pockets. It's the same on both sides. Is that by design? I'm attaching two photos to show what I'm talking about.Name:  20131230_095515.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  338.4 KBName:  20131230_095502.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  718.1 KB

Yes, it’s like that on my bag and pretty sure it’s on all bags. I’ve personally never had an issue with it, but it’s been a topic of discussion before. I’ve linked to a related thread below.

IMHO I just found a serious flaw in the Synapse 25 :(

It has to do with how hard it is to sew curves. There's a post about it somewhere.

Enjoy your Synapse! That's a great color combo. Mine is for one-bag travel and I can only say it's excellent.

Great, thanks for the feedback. I'm fine with this if it's by design. Just wanted to make sure!

Looking forward to test driving the synapse through car and plane travel this week then back to walk/bus commute next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    It has to do with how hard it is to sew curves. There's a post about it somewhere.

Enjoy your Synapse! That's a great color combo. Mine is for one-bag travel and I can only say it's excellent.

One of the benefits (intended or not) is you can thread cables between pockets..... I keep a large external battery pack in the middle pocket and thread USB cables to charge my various gadgets in the side pockets.

Have it in my s-25 as well, no issues.

Just don't pack the pocket full of ball bearings!

I was just wondering if it is possible to put out a picture of you wearing it and list your body frame? I am debating on a S19 and S25 and can't figure out what's the best fit for me. I stand at 5'6, wear fit XS, S clothes for men in general and I am confused to pick between them since they both are right in for my height range

if pictures are no can do, just a description would be fine, I just wanted as much details on the fit as possible

Don't have a pic, unfortunately, but I can describe. I'm 5' 9" and big framed (female) and I find the S25 really comfortable. I asked here (Will my winter hat and gloves fit in the Ristretto for 13" Macbook?) about the S19 as its description indicates it's for shorter folks. Very helpful posters indicated the S19 wouldn't be a problem for someone of my height, but in the end I decided I wanted a bit more inside space so went with the S25.

Since I'm big I have the opposite problem from you, I guess. I find the S25 to be smaller profile than most other traditional or laptop backpacks. It's shaped such that the bulk of stuff is really close to you and the pack doesn't jut out too much. Useful for a crowded bus when you don't want to keep bumping people with this huge thing on your back that you don't realize how far back it goes. I loosened the straps from their default positions about 3 inches, and it fit comfortably over my many layers plus Montreal down coat this morning.

Hope this helps!
    Fever39 likes this.