Will 15" Macbook fit in Large Cafe Bag

I'm thinking about the Large Cafe Bag. I'm also thinking about using it to carry the 15" Macbook Retina in a Cache bag. Any thoughts about how it will fit (if at all). Will it fit vertically? Will some of it stick out? Or is this too unwieldy?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewj View Post
    I'm thinking about the Large Cafe Bag. I'm also thinking about using it to carry the 15" Macbook Retina in a Cache bag. Any thoughts about how it will fit (if at all). Will it fit vertically? Will some of it stick out? Or is this too unwieldy?
    The Large Cafe Bag (Dimensions: 13.3" x 12.9" x 3.3" / 340 x 330 x 85 mm) can handle a 13" MacBook. The latest generation 15" Retina MacBook Pro would stick out 14.13"(35.89 cm) without accounting for a cache. The longest vertical messenger bag styles are designed for the 13" MacBook. In horizontal orientation, there are two light briefcase style options for you 15" MacBook: the Cadet and the Founder's Briefcase. For a larger size (horizontal) messenger bag, you could consider the ID bag. There is also the Zephyr or the Empire Builder if you want to consider larger sized briefcase style bags. However, I assumed from your question that you are looking for lighter bags. (An empty Zephyr weighs 3 lbs 6 oz; an empty Builder weighs 4 lbs, whereas an ID bag is 2 lb 3 oz, a Cadet is 2 lb 2oz.)

HTH

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0