Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By taminca
  • 1 Post By Toblerhaus
  • 1 Post By Ginkgo

Thread: End pocket cubes now out of stock. Alternatives?

End pocket cubes now out of stock. Alternatives?

Well, just as I was about to order, I find that neither style of end pocket packing cube is available for the Aeronaut.

What's a suitable substitute or alternative? Something that will fit well and hold a pair of shoes. Packing cube for one of the other bags? Western Flyer cube is wider; will it fit in that dimension?

Tom Binh peeps: any chance you can make these before February? I need to have my bag order sent to a US address where I'll be visiting at the end of January. Was hoping to pick up the bag and accessories then. (I live outside the US.)

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    I sometimes use a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in one end. It doesn't fit perfectly, but it's useful at the other end and the space it leaves can always bd filled with a stuff sack or similar if required.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    I sometimes use a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in one end. It doesn't fit perfectly, but it's useful at the other end and the space it leaves can always bd filled with a stuff sack or similar if required.
    I second this. The PCSB fits nicely in Aeronaut's end pocket and was very handy to have during my recent trip. Most unexpected use for the PCSB was for storing misc stuff, making them easier to put in and pull out of the in-room safe, which was placed on a very high shelf in the closet. Also was useful when I wanted a smaller carry bag than my EDC Imago.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Thirdsies on the PCSB! Another item you might look into is a clear quarter packing packing cube, the end pocket of the aeronaut will hold two of them. The 3D organizer cubes are pretty awesome as well for things like toiletries and cables.

I've been using the clear quarter packing cube, paired with a 3D organizer cube in one of my end pockets.
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Another chime in here for the packing cube shoulder bag! I also use the largest yarn staff sack in the pocket on the other side.

I also use the PCSB in one end pocket, and three stuff sacks in the other one (two size 2 and one size 3).

You can fit womens 11 heels in the PCSB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel LS * Latest: Nordic/Solar S25 * Wishlist: New 400d Color

Quote Originally Posted by Toblerhaus View Post
    I've been using the clear quarter packing cube, paired with a 3D organizer cube in one of my end pockets.
    Very clever! Never thought of that and like many others, I have been using the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag or the Large Stuff Sack in the Aeronaut side pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Toblerhaus View Post
    I've done this too. I've tethered the 3D organizer cube (with 3-1-1 liquids) with the 16-in. key strap, so it makes it easy to take it out the end pocket for security, then rein it back in after the scan.

I don't think I could fit any of my shoes in a clear quarter cube.
    --------------------------------

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    I don't think I could fit any of my shoes in a clear quarter cube.
    You could use the Aeronaut Small Packing Cube for shoes in place of the End Pocket Cube. The Small Packing cubes are slightly smaller in length, but larger in depth, so you'd have to fold over the extra fabric in that direction (13.4" x 6.7" x 4.3"/340 mm x 170 mm x 110 mm for Aeronaut Small Packing cube vs. 13.4" x 7.9" x 3.1"/340 mm x 200 mm x 80 mm for the End Pocket Cube.). The Packing Cube Shoulder Bag is a better match to the depth of the Aeronaut side pockets at 3" (vs. the 3.1" of the End Pocket Cube). At 11.75" length, the PCSB won't work if you wear a large size of shoe, while the Aeronaut Small Packing Cube will fit that length. The issue with the Aeronaut Small Packing cube is how bulky your shoes are (e.g. boot styles vs loafer). I think the PCSB (11.75" x 7.75" x 3"/ 300 mm x 200 mm x 80 mm) is generally the best replacement, but you probably couldn't go much above men's size 10 shoes with it. Since I only need 9" length to accommodate my shoes, the PCSB would work fine for me. I couldn't fit my shoes into a clear quarter packing cube, either, but not everyone travels with extra shoes.

You could use the Aeronaut Small Packing Cube for shoes in place of the End Pocket Cube.
    Thought about that. Then, they, too, went out of stock.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0