Accessories for Synapse 19/Aeronaut

Hello, Iíve been happily living out of my Aeronaut for the past eight months and am planning to order a Synapse 19 in the new year when Iím back in the UK for a visit. Does anyone have any advice on accessories I should include, or any tips for making maximum use of the Aeronaut/Synapse 19 combo?

I work in Chiang Mai, Thailand as an English teacher/freelance copywriter and I like being able to pack up and leave for another country on a whim without having to check bags or be burdened by luggage. I use a 10L Deuter Speedlite as my day pack at the moment but need something a bit bigger for books and papers.

Hereís what Iím thinking:

Synapse 19 (in black 420d/steel)
    A large Aeronaut packing cube and end pocket cube (I already have two small cubes)
    Two mesh organiser cubes for cables and electronics stuff
    Organiser pouch for external hard drive
    Clear organiser cube for toiletries
    Waist strap

Plus maybe the travel tray and passport pouch, just because.

What do you think?

I strangely coveted the Aeronaut for a while before I actually purchased it and am doing the same thing with the Synapse 19. But I guess you guys know how that feels.

Looking forward to being a part of the forum. Safe travels to anyone on the move and Merry Christmas!

Simon

I just ordered the same Synapse 19 and it came with a waist strap (so I'm not sure that you would need another unless you do?). I only use it as an EDC so I'm not sure about your accessory choices.

I like all those things! You'll love the Synapse 19. I've had mine for over a year and love it more and more. The only thing I can think of to add is some stuff sacks.

+1 on the stuff sacks; I find that sizes 1 and 2 are great in both bags and have many uses beyond travel. I don't own a travel tray but I'm always tempted to pick one up, especially because it could help me corral all my pocket contents and other small items when I'm hotel-hopping.

I agree about the waist strap. The one you get with the synapse should be sufficient to use with the aeronaut unless you have some particular reason to need both at the same time. Happy shopping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're looking for a packing cube that works in both bags, the packing cube shoulder bag or the small/end pocket Aeronaut cubes are the way to go. The large Aeronaut cube won't fit in the Synapse.

I also like small and mini organizer pouches as well as the 3D organizer cubes in the Synapse.

The Side Effect works well in the main compartment, with or without the PCSB; I can get it into the lower front pocket but it's a tight squeeze and personally I'm not crazy about using it there. It's a little bigger than the 3D organizer cubes but has some pockets if you like that sort of thing.

I also use a small or medium yarn stuff sack on top of the PCSB and Side Effect in the main compartment. There is still room for a book and a hat and mitts in there as well. I have also seen people clip in a 3D org cube or a Side Effect to the o-rings.

Brilliant, thanks guys! I didn't realise the Synapse came with a waist strap. And I think the stuff sacks would also be very useful for me.

I'll be sure to post a packing list and a review soon!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0