Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By adamki

Thread: Guardian Light - battery question

Guardian Light - battery question

Regarding the replaceable battery in the Canadian-sourced Tom Bihn Guardian Light:

Are there rechargeable nickel-metal-hydride or lithium-ion batteries available that can be used in this light? If so, where can they be found?

If no such batteries work with this light, is there another kind of light, sourced elsewhere, that works with rechargeable batteries?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

no idea but I've had my guardian light for years - since my very first TB order if I remember rightly - and it is still on the original battery.

I have so few devices that use that type of battery that it would not be worth my effort in owning and tracking a device to recharge them....
    List under construction ....

I bought the Guardian Light with the original clip, when Tom first offered it, in 09, I think.

It is still on its first set of batteries, I bought a new set, just in case, (small round electronics/watch) batteries type are long lasting, they do not have rechargeable counterparts, yet.

I can't say anything but good things about that light, it is not big, so one can take it everywhere, but it is very powerful and mighty handy.

I was very happy to have it during Snowmaggedon of 2010 in the East Coast, all kind of other bad weather and as a map reader helper, snack and stuff finder, on road trips.

I have a question regarding the batterys too and I thought it might be okey to reuse this threat:

I want to by replacemants and all I can find are singular CR 2032 batteries. Can I just take two of thous and put then in until the light is the way I want it to be? Or is there a wrong way to put in two CR 2032 so that something gets "broken"?

My original batteries are not empty jet but Murphy is a big part of my live and it is a sure thing that this light will go out when I need it the most. So having some spare batteries seems to be a good idea.

Ilkyway

The double CR2032 that came with the light is nothing special. You can just stack two single CR2032s. Just make sure that the batteries are both going in the same direction (i.e. never let + touch + or - touch -) and you're good to go.
    Ilkyway likes this.
    ~Adam
    ~~~~~~~~
    Bags: Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Super Ego, Buzz, Brain Cell Size 4Z & 6X, {Small Cafe & Synapse - Controlled by Wife!}
    Accessories: Backpack packing cubes (aeronaut, tri-star), Various Packing Cubes, Passport Pouch, Absolute Straps, QAM, Various Other Pouches, Freudian Slip

Thank you adamki. That is all I needed to know.

Ilkyway

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0