Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By Moose
  • 6 Post By gochicken
  • 4 Post By Moose
  • 4 Post By gochicken
  • 1 Post By Moose

Thread: Can a FJN fit in a Side Effect?

Can a FJN fit in a Side Effect?

I'm curious about something: I own a 2010-model Tom Bihn Side Effect that I wear as a hip-pack.

Can the Tom Bihn Field Journal Notebook (FJN) fit inside an empty Side Effect? And, if the SE is worn as a hip-pack (or otherwise), can the FJN be clipped to the SE via long key strap?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

There is no possible way the FJ will fit in the SE. I can see how you might clip it to the SE but it would be extremely clunky, unwieldy and generally uncomfortable as far as I'm concerned. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If you don't carry much in the SE it might all fit in the FJ though. The FJ has a zippered and slip pocket on the outside. It also has lots of interior pockets.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

No, but the SE can fit into the FJN, depending on how full they are

Name:  IMG_3739.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  899.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_3740.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  672.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_3741.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  679.3 KB

Aubergine/Wasabi SE and Plum FJN
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Love the purple, SE, FJ and what appears two be 2 purple sweaters.

Love the photos, gochicken. Thanks for the feedback, Moose.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Thanks! Sigh…. yes, I love purple. Now if only I can get TB to offer the Pilot in Black/UV I'll be good!
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

This is going to sound silly, but will the FJN fit into all of TB's backpacks? What about the briefcases? Which pockets of the Cadet would it fit in? What about the outer attachment pockets of the new Guide's Pack? What about the outer attachment pockets of the Smart Alec?

The FJN fits beautifully into my Black/UV Synapse (old one… 19 size). I will have to check the Smart Alec outer pocket.

OK.. the FJN does not fit into the Lower Modular Pocket of my Forest/Steel/UV SA. It is too wide. Sorry since my SA is the old model, it cannot accept the Upper Pocket.

But wait, the Side Effect does fit into the Lower Pocket… with room to spare!
    Last edited by gochicken; 12-21-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Does the FJN fit into the water bottle zippered pocket on the Synapse? Why about any of the Synapse's other zippered pockets?

I have a 19 and a 25. The FJ will not fit in any of the exterior pockets of either bag. It does fit easily in the large, main part of both bags.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0