Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By HYPEractiv
  • 2 Post By moriond
  • 1 Post By daisy
  • 1 Post By Tlacltme

Thread: Will all bags move to parapack?

Will all bags move to parapack?

It seems that many items are moving towards the parapack fabric. Does anyone have any insight if other bags (specifically the aeronaut) will be moving to parapack as well? The aeronaut is on my "need" list, but it wont be for a few months ($).
    MtnMan likes this.

I suspect the ballistic nylon will remain an option in the travel bags - due to its superior ability to stand up to the wear and tear of travel .. even if they are all eventually offered in the parapack.

That and the fact that it's beautiful of course.

(there's a thread here somewhere on the features of the three fabrics ... )
    List under construction ....

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HYPEractiv View Post
    It seems that many items are moving towards the parapack fabric. Does anyone have any insight if other bags (specifically the aeronaut) will be moving to parapack as well? The aeronaut is on my "need" list, but it wont be for a few months ($).
    This is my guess, only, but I think they will continue to carry the main travel bags, such as the Aeronaut, in Ballistic Nylon, since this affords the most durability. The places where the HT Nylon Parapack is making inroads are as replacements for Cordura products. A number of forum members prefer to use bags made in materials that do not easily pick up pet hair, which includes Dyneema and Ballistic Nylon. The 400d Dyneema fabrics have also been of interest for very lightweight travel luggage. However, some people do not like the pattern of the white Dyneema threads, so the HT Nylon Parapack offers a lightweight option that is available in solid colors.

I think that the future selection of fabric options will be driven by the response to the current batches of bags.

HTH.

moriond

[QUOTE]This is my guess, only, but I think they will continue to carry the main travel bags, such as the Aeronaut, in Ballistic Nylon, since this affords the most durability. The places where the HT Nylon Parapack is making inroads are as replacements for Cordura products. A number of forum members prefer to use bags made in materials that do not easily pick up pet hair, which includes Dyneema and Ballistic Nylon. The 400d Dyneema fabrics have also been of interest for very lightweight travel luggage. However, some people do not like the pattern of the white Dyneema threads, so the HT Nylon Parapack offers a lightweight option that is available in solid colors.

I think that the future selection of fabric options will be driven by the response to the current batches of bags.
    HTH.

moriond[/QUOTE

I for one hope the ballistic nylon and Codura stick around. I can definitely see the appeal of 400D Dyneema for lighter weight bags but the pet hair isn't really an issue for me and I'm eyeing a S25. Would definitely rather get it in Codura.

I hope not. Even though I have three indoor cats, I prefer the Cordura fabric, personally. It looks more organic, and I love the texture.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    I hope not. Even though I have three indoor cats, I prefer the Cordura fabric, personally. It looks more organic, and I love the texture.
    I'm in this camp too - I have an akita (constant shedding and the occasional coat 'blow') ... I have a cafe bag and Synapse 19 in cordura, and an Ego in ballistic .. just ordered another cafe bag in Cordura (Storm!) ... it's not an issue for me.
    List under construction ....

I also hope that the Ballistic nylon and Cordura options don't disappear entirely. I don't have pets, so pet hair isn't an issue for me either and like Mausermama, I really like the texture and flexibility of Cordura. I recently acquired a Large Cafe Bag in the new Olive parapack. It's absolutely beautiful. I really like the Olive and Wasabi combo. I also have a Large Cafe Bag in Cordura so, lucky me, I'm able to compare them side by side.

To my eye, the parapack LCB is fairly shiny whereas the cordura LCB has more of a sheen. This is neither a good or bad thing IMO, just a difference. The parapack is a little more slippery than the cordura when sliding it around my body or when sliding items in and out. Again, just a difference that I've noted, not really a pro or a con.

Probably my biggest fear- well, not fear really, but a concern, is that the parapack will be more easily scuffed than the cordura and that the scuffs will be more noticeable due to the shinier nature of the fabric. Also, as the Old Woman Who Lived In the Shoe (ha ha), I've wondered about grease stains/smudges showing more easily on the parapack. Not that I set my cafe bags down in grease or anything, but little grimy fingers frequently grab at me So far, no scuffs or grease stains on the new parapack LCB...but Cordura seems to hide these a little better? Don't know if this is actually true, mind you, these are just my thoughts while putting the parapack LCB through the paces

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    .. just ordered another cafe bag in Cordura (Storm!) ...
    You are the culprit who snagged the last Storm MCB! Rude!

(Congratulations on your bag )

Will all bags move to parapack?

I am on day 2 of carrying my new black parapack Synapse 25 on my commute. I need it to bring home holiday gifts I got delivered to work. I did think it was too shiny and pretty to expose to the elements, but we will see how it holds up.
    Last edited by bchaplin; 12-19-2013 at 07:34 AM.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

May I ask, how did parapack hold up?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0