Thread: Simple Strap...

Simple Strap...

can it be used with the Side Effect?

Yup.

Double yup. I use it every day.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    can it be used with the Side Effect?
    I'd guess yes, from a look at the design of the end Snaphooks in the Product page pictures, but you'd have to get an answer from someone who has both a recent Simple Strap and the Side Effect. I actually prefer to use a 1" wide strap that came with my discontinued Breve for iPad. This works with both my Packing Cube Shoulder Bag and the Side Effect. It's similar to the 5/8" wide strap that comes with the Side Effect in not having a Shoulder Pad, which would be overkill for the typical weight of items that I carry in either the SE or PCSB, but instead of the light-weight metal snaphooks used with the organizer pouches, there's a much sturdier hook. It looks similar to the end hooks o the Simple Strap Product page. I don't have any recent Simple Straps which are not attached to bags to check. You can see an example of this strap attached to my PCSB in the Diaper Cube for Imago thread, with the 1.5" wide strap (the width of a Simple Strap) from a Black/Wasabi Medium Cafe Bag shown for comparison.

Other options would include attaching one of the new Double Carabiners that were introduced with the Knitting Tool Pouches (but which you can buy separately for $1 each under the Parts page under Accessories) to the end o-Ring and then securing the end hooks of the strap to that.
    Last edited by moriond; 12-14-2013 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Read replies posted before I finished this

I find the simple strap for use with the SE to be perfectly adequate. Of course, it depends on how heavy the carry is....
    However, I ordered a simple strap to use with my PCSB and found it very, very uncomfortable. Of course, the PCSB is much larger than the SE and so I tote more stuff. I made an adjustment by getting a strap wrap, and now it's pretty comfortable.
    Last edited by monkeylady; 12-14-2013 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Adding info
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Thanks all!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0