Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Darcy
  • 2 Post By Darcy

Thread: 1000 denier Cordura® or 420d HT nylon Classic Parapack exterior Brain Bag!

1000 denier Cordura® or 420d HT nylon Classic Parapack exterior Brain Bag!

Hey guys!

It looks like the Brain bag is now being offered in either the 1000 denier Cordura® or 420d HT nylon Classic Parapack exterior!

Does anyone know if the parapack is more pet hair resistant than cordura? Also, is it stronger than cordura as well?

I am curious to find out so that I know which to ask for for Christmas

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rydude87 View Post
    Hey guys!

It looks like the Brain bag is now being offered in either the 1000 denier Cordura® or 420d HT nylon Classic Parapack exterior!

Does anyone know if the parapack is more pet hair resistant than cordura? Also, is it stronger than cordura as well?

I am curious to find out so that I know which to ask for for Christmas
    We're seeing the new Brain Bags in 420d HT nylon Classic Parapack come through the factory now -- they're awesome. And it's worth noting (the product page hasn't yet been updated about this) that the Brain Bag in 420d HT nylon Classic Parapack has a 1050d ballistic nylon bottom.

Parapack is definitely more pet hair resistant than Cordura -- it's also lighter in weight and has a slightly higher tear strength. Though it's plenty abrasion-resistant for everyday use (remember: Parapack is what now "vintage" 1970's mountaineering packs were made of, and many of these packs are still in use, still in in great condition, after being used hard on the trail for years) it's not quite as abrasion resistant as Cordura. And because of that, we're making Brain Bag in 420d HT nylon Classic Parapack with an exterior bottom made of 1050d ballistic nylon (lined with Parapack).

Photos should be coming soon….
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thanks for the quick response Darcy! The parapack with 1050D bottom?! Wow, I am so excited. I think I am going to ask for that for Christmas!!

And can you confirm that the the Parapack has more wear strength than the dyneema?

I see on the product page that the Brain Bag has been also upgraded to have the rail loops. By any chance have more O rings also been added?!? If so I know what my next bag will be unless another pack comes out similar to the S25 with a frame sheet.

Darcy, any chance of an all Olive parapack BB like the camouflage cordura? That would be gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
    I see on the product page that the Brain Bag has been also upgraded to have the rail loops. By any chance have more O rings also been added?!? If so I know what my next bag will be unless another pack comes out similar to the S25 with a frame sheet.
    No O-rings have been added to the Brain Bag in this most recent batch….

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Darcy, any chance of an all Olive parapack BB like the camouflage cordura? That would be gorgeous!
    No plans for that imminently, but who knows what we'll do next?!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

The Brain Bag in Black 420d/Navy 420d/Steel 420d with a 1050d ballistic nylon bottom...

Name:  brainbagparapack1.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  52.1 KB

Name:  brainbagparapack2.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  86.5 KB
    maverick and tpnl like this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0