Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ablakey

Thread: While wearing a suit appropriate briefcase to pair with Aeronaut

While wearing a suit appropriate briefcase to pair with Aeronaut

Hello! First post.

I just got my Aeronaut and am about to make my first three-day business trip with it.

I often go on business trips on which I fly in, drop my luggage off at a hotel, and then travel around the city all day to attend meetings while wearing a suit. I am looking for a briefcase-like bag that I can put inside of my Aeronaut for the flights, and then take out and use for the day after I have dropped my Aeronaut off at the hotel. It would need to be a bag that looks professional enough to be used while I'm in my suit. Ideally this bag would be wide enough to fit a standard document folder. Doesn't need to be large though, wouldn't be carrying around a large laptop or anything.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a bag that fits this criteria?

Thanks for any help! Just looking for a companion for this slick new Aeronaut!

Quote Originally Posted by saikyo View Post
    Hello! First post.

I just got my Aeronaut and am about to make my first three-day business trip with it.

I often go on business trips on which I fly in, drop my luggage off at a hotel, and then travel around the city all day to attend meetings while wearing a suit. I am looking for a briefcase-like bag that I can put inside of my Aeronaut for the flights, and then take out and use for the day after I have dropped my Aeronaut off at the hotel. It would need to be a bag that looks professional enough to be used while I'm in my suit. Ideally this bag would be wide enough to fit a standard document folder. Doesn't need to be large though, wouldn't be carrying around a large laptop or anything.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a bag that fits this criteria?

Thanks for any help! Just looking for a companion for this slick new Aeronaut!
    Now you know why so many of us are waiting for the Tom Bihn Pilot bag..... I am hoping it will be exactly the bag you are describing and more....
    Proud owner: Aeronaut Navy/Wasabi (wish it was Navy/Solar); Synapse 19 Navy/Ultraviolet (wish it was Navy/Solar); Co-Pilot Navy/Solar; Side-Effect Navy/Solar(piggy-backed onto my Co-Pilot); Side-Effect Black/Wasabi (wish it was Black/Solar); Snake Charmer Sapphire; Yarn Sacks Sm Solar, Med Iberian, Lg Solar; Travel Sacks Sz1 Ultraviolet, Sz4 Steel; and Key Straps of many colors plus many many pouches

The current Co-pilot will take standard size papers and files. And it's good looking for business. If you scroll through TB videos, there is one specifically having to do with fitting standard sized paper and files. The CP also fits easily in the Aeronaut. You can remove for access to gear for in-flight time....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Synapse 25 Steel D/Wasabi, Side Effects: Black/Wasabi, Steel D/Wasabi; PCSBs in UV, wasabi, and steel; Large Shop Bags: 2 Nordic, 2 Solar; 2 sm. Shop Bag UV; CoPilot Black D/Wasabi; black D/wasabi Pilot; 3 Travel Trays; 3 Clear 1/4 packing cubes;
    wallets; number padded pouches and clear organizer pouches, key straps, double carabiners galore, and soon to be the mother of an aubergine/UV SE AND an Aeronaut Junior!!!!!!!!! (Darcy says soon.)

Thanks everyone!

Actually, the Co-Pilot looks a bit too much like a lunch box from what I have seen online... not quite the professional appearance I am hoping for.

Now that I think about it a bit more, as one does when you're dropping hundreds of dollars on bags, this companion day bag would ideally be able to carry the following things.

- iPad
    - Slim folder with A4 paper
    - 3DS XL (I am a professional but sometimes my trips involve long stretches in a car, might as well game!)
    - small point and shoot digital camera.

And again this should all fit into the main compartment of an Aeronaut that is packed to 70-80% capacity with other stuff.

So many bags so little time...

mjo
    I have used the cadet 11 inch for exactly that, worked flawlessly, just bought 15 inch new cadet, this seems to fit but it is tight.

Hrm... the cadet is looking good. I would def get the 11 inch. Will read up and watch videos and stuff.

Hey... As I mentioned, I have my Aeronaut, and I have the backpack cube, two small cubes for the end pockets, and the snake charmer, now I'm looking at the Cadet... is this a thing? Am I doomed to a life of buying Tom Binh stuff again and again for the rest of my life?

Where do you specify the size of the Cadet?
    http://www.tombihn.com/laptop-bags/TB0740.html

I only see the above link and I don't see a size selection. I would want the 11 inch for sure.
    Last edited by saikyo; 12-01-2013 at 02:39 AM.

When purchasing the cadet, where do you specify whether you want the 11 or 15 inch?
    Cadet - Checkpoint friendly laptop bag in sizes for Apple laptops - TOM BIHN

Quote Originally Posted by mjo View Post
    I have used the cadet 11 inch for exactly that, worked flawlessly, just bought 15 inch new cadet, this seems to fit but it is tight.

Oh my goodness. Just learned that the small sized cadet is discontinued.

Does anyone know if the Waterfield Cargo (small) would fit into the main compartment of the Aeronaut?
    SFBags - WaterField Designs - Cargo Bags - Messenger Bag - Laptop Sleeve - Laptop Bag - Cool Briefcase

Looks like a nice, suit appropriate yet tough shoulder bag.

The dimensions seem like they would fit (the large packing cube for Aeronaut is 13.4 x 13.4). I don't own both so I can't check for sure. But I can comment about the Cargo. The medium size has been my husband's daily work and travel bag for the last 7 years. It is a very well-made bag, looks extremely professional and stylish, and he loves the thing to death.

It is a heavy duty and also heavy bag. I own a several Waterfield pouches, and I tend not to use them when I have a Dyneema alternative available because the fabric they use is heavy. I still love my medium white Cozmo and despite the MANY Tom Bihn bags I own, I consider it my most professional looking bag.

The styles are different between the two companies. For example, they may have changed this in the last 7 years, but my husband's bag has a strip of velcro that keeps the outer pocket closed. You're not going to find any velcro on a Tom Bihn bag, at least not in that location. (I have old Soft Cells that use velcro so I know it was used at some point!)

But to address your specific concerns, I would vouch for the Cargo being suit-appropriate and tough.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0