Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Moose
  • 2 Post By Proctor
  • 1 Post By davys
  • 2 Post By Tizi

Thread: Utilizing the upper part of the Synapse 25 main compartment

Utilizing the upper part of the Synapse 25 main compartment

Hi all,

I have been using the synapse for work for around a week and absolutely love it. I particularly love how well the synapse uses its space. That being said, how do you experienced Synapse 25 owners utilize the upper part of the main compartment? What I'm talking about is the space between where the top of a binder, when in the bag, to the zipper? There is a good 8 inches there that I want to utilize, but not sure how.

Attach pouches to the O rings! I love the 3D mesh cube.

I put each end of a short key strap through the loops at the top back of my 25. I then clipped an organizer cube O ring to each clip. I now have an extra "pocket" at the top of my much loved 25. Hope that makes sense. I've seen another thread on this very topic. If I can find it or remember who had the great idea I'll post again. I think they used s-biners to connect a organizer pouch but I don't remember exactly.
    Moose
    eWalker likes this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I use the above mentioned Nite Ize S-biners to attach a Side Effect to the rings. Great fit/utilization of space & secure. If the lower portion of the bag is filled with enough supportive material a Snake Charmer also sits well on top although not secured.
    Moose and eWalker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I put each end of a short key strap through the loops at the top back of my 25. I then clipped an organizer cube O ring to each clip. I now have an extra "pocket" at the top of my much loved 25. Hope that makes sense. I've seen another thread on this very topic. If I can find it or remember who had the great idea I'll post again. I think they used s-biners to connect a organizer pouch but I don't remember exactly.
    Moose
    Great tip Moose, many thanks. Done the same thing this morning after reading this. I'm now a happier person!

David
    Moose likes this.

Has anyone shared photos of this in previous threads?

Check this out. I used the S-biners. However, I tried Moose's suggestion and I like it better. I have updated my S19 with that mod.

Black Dyneema\Wasabi Synapse 19 New EDC
    Moose and TavaPeak like this.
    Black/Steel TS, Black/Steel Aeronaut, Black/Black/Steel Brain Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Steel Pilot, Black/Steel Synapse 19, Black Dyneema/Wasabi Synapse 19, Black/Steel Cadet 11, Black/Steel Imago, Black Dyneema/Wasabi MCB, Navy/Cayenne and Black/Solar SCB, Black/Wasabi and Navy/Iberian SE and many pouches in various sizes. Tom Bihnaholic.

Thanks everyone. I decided to go with what loadedpocketz.com did by utilizing ITW web dominator clips on a maxpedition janus pocket that I was considering selling on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post
    I use the above mentioned Nite Ize S-biners to attach a Side Effect to the rings. Great fit/utilization of space & secure. If the lower portion of the bag is filled with enough supportive material a Snake Charmer also sits well on top although not secured.

I am using this method on my new S25...hanging a wasabi Dyneema Side Effect inside a Nordic S25. Love the color contrast as well as functionality.
    --------------------------------

However, I am finding that the weight of the SE is starting to cause the S25 to sag a bit.
    --------------------------------

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0