Lunch bag ideas for Synapse 25

I know TB does not make lunch bags but what other lunch bags are people using in their Synapse or any other TB bags? I'd like one that is insulated but somewhat collapsible/not rigid. I've seen a bunch of stuff on Amazon but would like some real-world examples with TB gear. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    I know TB does not make lunch bags but what other lunch bags are people using in their Synapse or any other TB bags? I'd like one that is insulated but somewhat collapsible/not rigid. I've seen a bunch of stuff on Amazon but would like some real-world examples with TB gear. Thanks!
    I was exactly on the same hunt a couple of months back. A soft low profile box. (eBags Slim Lunch Box) I found on amazon for $20. It works vertically in my synapse 25 with room on either side. In my brain bag it sits down horizontally and takes up half the height in one of the main sections. It worked so well I got one for my wife so now we take these on our trips for the flight. There is a section inside for my 12 ounce thermos as well. In a few days ill b able to post some pics.
    Cheers.

I was wondering the same thing. I also have an ebags slim lunch box that I bought prior to purchasing my Synapse 25. While it fits in the main compartment of the Synapse, I don't feel comfortable storing my lunch box in the same compartment with my $1500 macbook! (Side note: the eBags slim lunch box fits PERFECTLY in one of the half-partitions of the Western Flyer).

That being said, I do have an idea that I haven't really tested out (since my lunch box goes in my western flyer). It may sound a little crazy, but just hear me out...

Name:  GHtcnhe.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  217.3 KB

Breast. Milk. Cooler. Seriously. If you look at the dimensions of the Snake Charmer, (10.5" x 5.5" x 3.5"), which is said to fit perfectly in the bottom pocket of the Synapse 25, then just briefly look at breast milk cooler dimensions (something for around 2-3 bottles, enough to fit a glass tupperware and ice pack), it just may work!!!! A quick example would would be like what I posted above. Again, I haven't tested it out to see if it does fit, but I think that's the direction to take. If it does work, all the credit belongs to my wife who suggested it. Good luck!! If you find something, please make a post!
    Last edited by HYPEractiv; 11-15-2013 at 10:16 PM.

I have a Sistema fold up bag - fits in my synapse 19 so would fit in a S25 too.

Fold Up Lunch Cooler - To Go - Sistema Plastics
    Last edited by daisy; 11-15-2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: spelling
    List under construction ....

Postscript on my post above,
    Another plus in the design of the "ebag slim lunch box" is that the lid opens in a clamshell manner.
    Making it very convenient on the trail or on a plane to prop open the lid and use it as a lunch tray, all very self contained.
    Also, within the lid there is a mesh overlay inside, where I store clean wipes, little packets of salt and pepper and my floss.
    There is also a little optional fold out divider that sections off 1/4 and 3/4 areas.

I know, I know pictures! I'm working on it. :-/
    Last edited by Trailhiker; 11-15-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Just found this while looking for something for something else. I'm not 100% sure it will fit, but the dimensions look pretty good for the front lower pocket (9.75x7.3.25)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0