Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Shipping to Canada?

Additional charges are out of the control of TB as they are tacked on by UPS based on duties and brokerage fees. I have tried to look at what gets charged (NAFTA and other duty rules) and why some shipments are and some aren't, but I couldn't find a clear answer. It sort of seems like a black box to me.

Based on my experience with two shipments this fall, I would expect to add on about $60 to an order - $30 shipping fee charged by TB and $30 or so due on delivery to UPS. I don't mind paying a premium for quality (especially if it is going to the company making these high-quality goods that I get tons of use and enjoyment from), but those extra charges are certainly steep enough for me to keep me from ordering as often as I would otherwise, especially if our dollar is slipping.

I would love to see cheaper shipping options offered. I would also be happy to combine orders to Canada with anyone in Manitoba or NW Ontario. Failing that, I will save my pennies and limit myself to about one order per year while drooling over everyone else's pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by terayon View Post
    Additional charges are out of the control of TB as they are tacked on by UPS based on duties and brokerage fees. I have tried to look at what gets charged (NAFTA and other duty rules) and why some shipments are and some aren't, but I couldn't find a clear answer. It sort of seems like a black box to me.

Based on my experience with two shipments this fall, I would expect to add on about $60 to an order - $30 shipping fee charged by TB and $30 or so due on delivery to UPS. I don't mind paying a premium for quality (especially if it is going to the company making these high-quality goods that I get tons of use and enjoyment from), but those extra charges are certainly steep enough for me to keep me from ordering as often as I would otherwise, especially if our dollar is slipping.

I would love to see cheaper shipping options offered. I would also be happy to combine orders to Canada with anyone in Manitoba or NW Ontario. Failing that, I will save my pennies and limit myself to about one order per year while drooling over everyone else's pictures.
    The problem is UPS and switching to use USPS would be a huge service to Canadians.

UPS International Expedited Flat Rate to Canada is $30: Customers are responsible for payment of duties and taxes. These can be paid upon delivery, though a $10 brokerage fee may be assessed unless prior arrangements for the payment of duties and taxes are made. This can be done by calling 1-800-PICKUPS once you receive your tracking notification (Canada only).
    By the way even if you do call UPS to make those prior arrangements, they still charge the brokerage fee of $10.

Well, my new TB Pilot is at the UPS Warehouse in my Province...it's been sitting there since yesterday. Not sure what's taking them long to deliver to my house (FYI - Not impressed at all with UPS whatsover)
    In any case, I called UPS to see if there are any "fees" attached to the delivery....there is. I have to pay an additional cost of $21.47.

So, with saying that. This Pilot set me back a grand total of $221.47 CDN
    -$150 for the bag + $30 Shipping = $180 US (converted to CDN $ with our horrible rate right now, it came out to $200 CDN)
    -$21.47 CDN with the UPS brokerage fee

Us Canadian TB customers are definitely paying a premium for TB products. I guess it's the price we have to pay for cross-border quality I suppose.

Okay UPS, where the heck are you????

Cheers!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0