Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Seesul

Thread: RFID PASSPORT POUCH QUESTION

RFID PASSPORT POUCH QUESTION

Will it make it through the scanner at an airport if worn around one's neck? I'm concerned about the liner. I just like to keep my passport on me at all times, instead of putting it through on the belt. Has anyone been asked to remove it?

If you're going through the new near-field x-ray things, you will have to take it off or you'll probably get patted down. I got the pat-down treatment because I had a piece of paper in my pocket (it was my boarding pass).

I don't know about the old-style metal detector.

If you go through the near-field x-ray, you should be allowed to hold it in your hand while being scanned. At least that's my experience with my wallet and other passport carriers. Along with Mike, I'm not sure about the metal detector.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess it is unpredictable. My son had to take off a belt with a plastic buckle. Then they patted him down and the lady found a small lump in the hem of his LLBean convertible pants. He explained to her that it was the fastener for the drawstring at the bottom. She then yanked it out through the buttonhole to look at it. It was basically the same plastic device that is used for TB stuff sacks. Took me nearly an hour to get it back through where it belonged.

I asked this question because I saw people being interviewed after LAX, on the Tarmac that had had to leave all their ID's behind. I do have one of the older TB pouches without the lining, but by this time next year, we will all have the RFID passports.

One thing I can say is that at least I can organize everything well with my TB products and that makes life easier. I can't count the number of times that I have had comments or even been thanked by the agents for making it easier for them. The comment I get the most is that they wished everyone would pack like that.

Seesul, tell us about how you pack, if you would. What products, how do you organize into your bags, etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Seesul, tell us about how you pack, if you would. What products, how do you organize into your bags, etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Right now I am busy packing for another adventure. I will do so when I return. My son actually wrote a college paper on the subject. His prof even asked to meet me. I can tell you this, the process wouldn't be possible without TB products. I carry the cafe bag with me every day and it is totally organized with TB accessories. I really need to take photos of that.

I do read the blog every day and go through the forums and look for ideas. This is one of the most generous forums that I have ever come across.
    Last edited by Seesul; 11-06-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0