Question Empty Co-Pilot inside Western Flyer for European airlines (one-bag policy)

Hi, everyone

After a few years enjoying my current bags, I'm considering a Co-Pilot as my new EDC bag and also my "personal item" bag on trips.
    I'm a light traveler, so I don't check bags. My go-to bag for air travel is my Western Flyer.
    Some airlines allow a personal item on board, along with the carry-on bag. But many low-cost European airlines (like Easyjet) don't. However, they have a higher weight limit, usually around 20-22lbs. My WF usually weighs 13-15lbs when full.
    My question is: does the Co-Pilot, when empty, fit inside the bigger compartment of a Western Flyer, along with clothes, etc?
    Consider they're both ballistic nylon versions

Thank you!

I posted about this, and then deleted my post, though it still shows up on the forum sidebar. Anyway, this does work with dyneema, but I'm not sure about ballistic.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    I posted about this, and then deleted my post, though it still shows up on the forum sidebar. Anyway, this does work with dyneema, but I'm not sure about ballistic.
    You can do it with a Ballistic Nylon Co-Pilot, too, but if I were starting from scratch, I'd get a Co-Pilot in one of the new 400d Black Dyneema/Wasabi combinations -- or get this in Nordic, if that Dyneema color option returns.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by helder_jb View Post
    Hi, everyone

After a few years enjoying my current bags, I'm considering a Co-Pilot as my new EDC bag and also my "personal item" bag on trips.
    I'm a light traveler, so I don't check bags. My go-to bag for air travel is my Western Flyer.
    Some airlines allow a personal item on board, along with the carry-on bag. But many low-cost European airlines (like Easyjet) don't. However, they have a higher weight limit, usually around 20-22lbs. My WF usually weighs 13-15lbs when full.
    My question is: does the Co-Pilot, when empty, fit inside the bigger compartment of a Western Flyer, along with clothes, etc?
    Consider they're both ballistic nylon versions

Thank you!
    Just to give you the weight savings by going to the Dyneema version of the Co-Pilot:
    Weight:
    1050d high tenacity ballistic nylon: 1 lb 2 oz / 525 grams
    400d DyneemaŽ/420d nylon ripstop: 14 oz / 385 grams

You can fit an empty ballistic nylon Co-Pilot into the Western Flyer. -- I have one in Steel, which is the color of your WF, I think, and it would work. I like the look of the new 400d Black Dyneema (just got some Shop Bags in this fabric). The appearance and texture are nicer than the Dyneema lining used in your bags, so I would be happy using a Co-Pilot in this material. but you could use a Co-Pilot in ballistic nylon if you don't like the idea of the Dyneema pattern.

By the way, I loved the picture you posted of your cat Mimi lying on your Aeronaut quite some time ago! Shows us who these bags really belong to.

Thanks your help, guys!

@moriond: If I were to start from scratch, I'd probably get both my Aeronaut and WF in dyneema. But since the Co-Pilot will also be my EDC at work, I prefer the more professional look of the ballistic nylon, for it.
    I just need to decide if I go Black or Steel, now. Probably will end up fliping a coin, 'cause they both look stunning!

PS: Mimi still loves my (her) TB bags!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0