Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: My TB Shopping List

I use the travel tray pretty much as monkeylady does - when in a strange hotel room, it's good to have a familiar layout on the bedside table in case of fire alarm etc .. and of course it helps not leave things behind.
    List under construction ....

Quote Originally Posted by i_clavdivs View Post
    I admit I'm not sure I see the benefit of the travel tray except when going through security, but I'll see about adding it. I like your idea of a zippered pocket for the end of the aeronaut though, any idea what size of pouch would fit nicely into the end pockets?
    You would be surprised how useful this is, especially once at your destination. I've used mine as a catch-all on the nightstand for my watch, phone, glasses, etc. This is important when you're away from home, in case you need to get out of the room quickly (I can't help it, I do a bit of emergency planning at work, sorry). Someone on these forums had a great idea, and used theirs to hold snacks while on the plane. I've copied this idea because it's such a good one :-)

Uh oh...I might need to get another Travel Tray for snacks on plane....great idea!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Synapse 25 Steel D/Wasabi, Side Effects: Black/Wasabi, Steel D/Wasabi; PCSBs in UV, wasabi, and steel; Large Shop Bags: 2 Nordic, 2 Solar; 2 sm. Shop Bag UV; CoPilot Black D/Wasabi; black D/wasabi Pilot; 3 Travel Trays; 3 Clear 1/4 packing cubes;
    wallets; number padded pouches and clear organizer pouches, key straps, double carabiners galore, and soon to be the mother of an aubergine/UV SE AND an Aeronaut Junior!!!!!!!!! (Darcy says soon.)

Wow, lots of love for the travel tray. And I'm now in that frame of mind where it's "Well, I'm already spending 500 dollars on stuff here, another $22 isn't going to make much of a difference!"
    RDR3 likes this.

Wow, lots of love for the travel tray. And I'm now in that frame of mind where it's "Well, I'm already spending 500 dollars on stuff here, another $22 isn't going to make much of a difference!"
    That's the spirit!

Next (white people) problem: colour/material for the Aeronaut. I like the sound of the lighter Dyneema material, but not overly enthused about the brighter colours. I like the black, but baulk at the wasabi, and the nordic and steel both just look a little bright. Are they actually that bright looking in real life? On the other side, if my bag is full, then does the colour (wasabi) of the lining really make any difference? Is it worth taking the risk on a colour I might need to wear sunglasses to look at in order to save 10oz? My travel is limited to aeroplanes, taxis, some public transport, but I don't plan on ever taking a jeep cross country or back packing my way across the Indian sub continent, so I'd really like to make use of the weight saving.

Any tips?

Next (white people) problem: colour/material for the Aeronaut. I like the sound of the lighter Dyneema material, but not overly enthused about the brighter colours. I like the black, but baulk at the wasabi, and the nordic and steel both just look a little bright. Are they actually that bright looking in real life? On the other side, if my bag is full, then does the colour (wasabi) of the lining really make any difference? Is it worth taking the risk on a colour I might need to wear sunglasses to look at in order to save 10oz? My travel is limited to aeroplanes, taxis, some public transport, but I don't plan on ever taking a jeep cross country or back packing my way across the Indian sub continent, so I'd really like to make use of the weight saving.

Any tips?
    I don't think any of the colors TB uses are overly bright or garrish to the point of needing sunglasses. Wasabi is bright but not neon. Solar is the brightest, but it's more of a sunny happy color vs. eye searing.

My suggestion is to order a small travel stuff sack, keystrap, Dyneema lined pocket pouch, or some Dyneema OP to sample the colors on a small scale. You can call Customer Service to confirm availability of specific colors before committing to order. Worse case scenario, you resell them on eBay, ship them back for refund, or gift them to somebody else. Best case, you have a small easy to find pouch or sack to contain those little things that get lost in your bag and find a color you actually like.
    Personally I was VERY leary of color when I started ordering from TB. I started to see more and more things that appealed and sample various key straps, pouches and sacks with new colors. I like almost all of them now .
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP, SC, BB, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, SE2, MCB, RiPad

The solar is too bright for me!

However the steel is a tasteful dark grey. The nordic is a beautiful blue, brighter than the steel, but not that bright. In fact nordic is my favorite, but then Blue is my fav color

I was leaning towards the forest in ballistic until I started reading up about dyneema v ballistic, but the more I look at the steel/steel pictures I can find, the more I think it might work ok. dorayme, unfortunately living in Ireland makes this first purchase a one-shot deal: I got to get it right first time. Not to say there won't be further purchases, but buying stuff on spec and returning it is not really on the cards. I will get the key straps and things in various colours, but I think I have to be a tad conservative with the larger items.

Having briefly owned a wonderful Aeronaut in steel/wasabi, I can tell you that the wasabi lining was not garish and a welcomed contrast to the dark gray. This bag tends toward cavernous and the lighter lining is helpful. However if your sensibility is gray/gray why not go for it?
    Synapse 25 Steel D/Wasabi, Side Effects: Black/Wasabi, Steel D/Wasabi; PCSBs in UV, wasabi, and steel; Large Shop Bags: 2 Nordic, 2 Solar; 2 sm. Shop Bag UV; CoPilot Black D/Wasabi; black D/wasabi Pilot; 3 Travel Trays; 3 Clear 1/4 packing cubes;
    wallets; number padded pouches and clear organizer pouches, key straps, double carabiners galore, and soon to be the mother of an aubergine/UV SE AND an Aeronaut Junior!!!!!!!!! (Darcy says soon.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0