Caches and Brain Cells and Laptops, oh my!

Forgive me if this has already been covered elsewhere...

I feel like this might be a stupid question, but: Do any of you put your laptop in a Cache and then the Cached-up laptop in a Brain Cell and then the Brain Cell clipped into your Western Flier or TriStar?

I like the idea of clipping in the Brain Cell, but I also really want the cache (or a sleeve of some sort) for the sake of TSA screening. So I was looking at getting a 6Z cache for my lappy and a 4Z Brain Cell to put that in.

Is this overkill? A dumb idea? So crazy it just might work? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks gang!
    It's pronounced "Pan-Jiff-Oh-Knee."

I like your idea. I personally like to have layers of protection if possible. The only issue I have experienced with a laptop in a sleeve in a Brain Cell is that the foam/tricot lining might be a bit "grippy" due to the material and tighter fit. It may make it harder for you to pull the sleeve encased laptop in and out. Also, there is a tendency for the Brain Cell foam sling to be pulled out with the sleeve/laptop.
    That being said, a "harder" sleeve - e.g. a Booq Vyper makes it easier to pull in or out.
    Please note that I have not had to take my laptop out of my Brain Cell for TSA checks ever. The Brain Cell only has the 2 mesh pockets that, while technically not TSA compliant, do not interfere with sceening. I also place the Brain Cell with mesh pockets down so there is even less of a chance of issues. Please note that this may not apply if you have an older Brain Cell with the metal snaps or the pocket snaps.

Does anyone on the Forum have any other experiences with using a Brain Cell and TSA checks? Has anyone had to take their laptop out of their Brain Cell for the check?

Cheers!

On a side note, I currently use a Checkpoint Flyer (PC version). I do a Laptop in a Brain Cell in the Checkpoint Flyer Laptop Case (I am very protective of my laptop!). TSA does not have an issue with this configuration either - I do not have to remove my laptop.

Thanks for the input!

I ended up ordering just a Brain Cell, no cache. I'll put it to the DEN TSA test in November. It won't be a huge deal if I have to take the lappy out that trip, so that'll be a good test run to see if they're cool with the case.

I'll report back with my findings.
    It's pronounced "Pan-Jiff-Oh-Knee."

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0