Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need Advice on Labtop/Briefcase options

Ristretto would probably if in the TS but while I can put an empty Cadet in the center of my Tristar, having much of anything in it would ruin that chance.

Since the ID is bigger still...

Seems to me that if you get your MBP, your options for briefs that can fit inside the TS will increase. It may be your best option to look at other manufacturers. While it's not in stock at the moment, this one from Acme Made might fit the bill.

Also, don't be wedded to the idea that your briefcase MUST go in the middle pocket. If you don't have much clothing, use the rear compartment to hold the briefcase. An Eagle Creek packing sleeve will fit in the middle pocket with ease as long as it's not overstuffed. Good luck!

The WaterField Travel Express is a great slimline laptop case that is also made in the USA. I have one of these for my MBP13 and it works in the center of the Tristar very well.

Oh yes, Waterfield is a great suggestion. It might be a touch bulky for the middle TS compartment, but the Hard Case is a very smart-looking, traditional style brief, and should be able to hold everything the OP needs. Onsite, the Absolute Strap could be used with it, thus cutting down on hauling multiple straps.

Thanks for all the ideas everyone, really appreciate it. I never knew buying a bag could be so addictive.

It seems weird to me that TB doesn't seem to have a real slim briefcase (with more pockets/org then the brain cell that integrates with their travel bags. Seems like they are missing an opportunity here. I would like to stay in family to keep supporting these guys, but it looks like they just don't yet serve this need.

Thanks all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0