Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Two questions about the Tri-Star:

Hey guys I have two questions about the Tri-Star bag. I noticed that the Navy colored Tom Bihn bags seem to vary in color in different pictures, sometimes it looks like dark blue and sometimes it looks bright blue. How does it actually look like? Also, I noticed that the Steel/iberian Tri-Star bag is back ordered until early December, any chance it will be available before then? Thanks!

The Navy is my favorite of TB's ballistic colors. It has an irridescent sheen to it that is gorgous- making it look sometimes like a dark navy, other times like a brighter blue. It isn't a showy color though; it would appropriate in any setting however conservative, IMO. But you're correct that photos of it can't completely capture its beauty and sheen. It is a breathtaking color.

As for the back order date: my personal experience is that TB is very conservative in their b/o estimates. Consequently, I have always received my b/o items significantly before their estimated times. Obviously I can't promise that this will be your experience as well, but the general Forum anecdotes seem to be similar to mine.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    The Navy is my favorite of TB's ballistic colors. It has an irridescent sheen to it that is gorgous- making it look sometimes like a dark navy, other times like a brighter blue. It isn't a showy color though; it would appropriate in any setting however conservative, IMO. But you're correct that photos of it can't completely capture its beauty and sheen. It is a breathtaking color.

As for the back order date: my personal experience is that TB is very conservative in their b/o estimates. Consequently, I have always received my b/o items significantly before their estimated times. Obviously I can't promise that this will be your experience as well, but the general Forum anecdotes seem to be similar to mine.

Good luck!
    Hi Tlac,

Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it. I'm really holding out for the Steel/Iberian Tri-Star, the TB video really convinced me to get the Tri-Star vs. the Aeronaut. Thanks for explaining the Navy color variation. I'll strongly consider it if the Steel/Iberian doesn't become available before my trip.