Synapse 19 and 17" laptop

I have a 17" gaming laptop that I like to carry around with me. Unfortunately it's huge and heavy. The bags that I've been using isn't meeting my needs. It's usually a tote or a laptop case that puts a lot of stress onto my shoulders. My question is, would the synapse 19 hold a 17" laptop, mouse, huge gaming headset, charger, usb wires and more, water bottle, pencils, 3 textbooks, and two TB yarn stuff sacks. I knit so I need to be able to bring a few sacks with me in the synapse. I'm thinking of hanging the yarn stuff sacks onto the O-rings and let it hang dangling outside. I'm small so I don't think I can get the synapse 25. I'm a 100 lb 5'2' girl. I've been reading and watching video reviews about the synapse and I'm liking what I hear/saw. Does anyone have the synapse 19 and know if all of this will fit? Any suggestions on either the synapse 19 or 25? Thanks.

Nope - won't fit in the synapse 19 - my elderly 13inch white macbook just fits.

The Smart Alec might work - depends on your torso length rather more than just height - if you're in the US you could order and try one out.

Not sure the Synapse25 would work due to it's shape - the SA is more rectangular - it's a nice bag, we have one we use for 'cargo' between the our office and the post office.

oh and here's a thread about "short" people carrying big bags - with pictures
    Last edited by daisy; 10-04-2013 at 09:46 PM.
    List under construction ....

Years ago, a mongo laptop is what brought me to TB. Carrying a 12lb'r and it's accessories all over Seattle in a shoulder case wasn't fun. I wanted a backpack to distribute the weight to both shoulders and multiple compartments for organization. The TB Brain Bag with Snake Charmer and ... they were called "Monolith" cases back then ... was the perfect solution. Twelve years, and 4 laptops, later I still have these and only recently retired them from daily use. It might not work for you (I'm 6' tall); it's kind of a big bag for a small body, but ... that's big hardware you're carrying.
    [2003] Brain Bag (w/Snake Charmer & 3 Monolith/Brain Cells)
    - [2010] Aeronaut (w/Absolute, 1lg/2sm Packing Cubes, Travel Tray & 3D clear cube)
    - - [2013] Co-Pilot (w/ Cache, Clear Org wallet, S.O.S., 3D Clear & mesh cubes, Passport pouch)
    - - - Small dyneema Shopbag
    - - - - Various TB stuff (organizers, straps, whistles, etc.)

You're right. I am carrying a lot. I'll just get the synapse for school and knitting then. I will think about the brain bag for the laptop. Thanks all.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by KimmieHD View Post
    You're right. I am carrying a lot. I'll just get the synapse for school and knitting then. I will think about the brain bag for the laptop. Thanks all.
    The Synapse 19 can take the 15" Retina MacBooks and some of the older 15" Mac laptops, but it won't fit a 17" laptop. You could get a Synapse 25, which might work for you, and use a cache of some sort. I have both size Synapses, and I'm about 1.5" taller than you. I do have a slight preference for the Synapse 19, because I can usually fit everything I want to carry into that bag, but both are very comfortable to carry.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0