Water Bottle for Synapse 19

What is the maximum sized water bottle that will fit comfortably in the middle pocket of the Synapse 19 as well as the side pockets? How about the Tom Bihn Motto water bottle? Motto Water Bottle 32oz - TOM BIHN Motto water bottle. Made in USA. - TOM BIHN

Thanks very much in advance for your response!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by traveler38 View Post
    What is the maximum sized water bottle that will fit comfortably in the middle pocket of the Synapse 19 as well as the side pockets? How about the Tom Bihn Motto water bottle? Motto Water Bottle 32oz - TOM BIHN Motto water bottle. Made in USA. - TOM BIHN

Thanks very much in advance for your response!
    The description of the Synapse 19 gives this information:
    Though you'd never guess by looking at it, the top center front pocket is deep enough for a 1-liter water bottle (our Lifefactory Water Bottles fit so should any type of 1-liter or smaller water bottle) or 1-liter hydration bladder.
    So, yes, the Motto water bottle (Capacity: 32 fluid ounces / 945 ml) fits in the top center front pocket of the Synapse 19. I have the earlier Matterhorn Water Bottle design version of this water bottle, and you can read the forum thread that first announced this water bottle. (Maybe Darcy can add links to the Motto Water Bottle in the Synapse product descriptions.)

I wouldn't generally carry water bottles in the Synapse side pockets,, which can't accommodate such wide items as the top middle pocket, but you could fit in a 500 ml plastic bottle of water into each side pocket.

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    The description of the Synapse 19 gives this information:

So, yes, the Motto water bottle (Capacity: 32 fluid ounces / 945 ml) fits in the top center front pocket of the Synapse 19. I have the earlier Matterhorn Water Bottle design version of this water bottle, and you can read the forum thread that first announced this water bottle. (Maybe Darcy can add links to the Motto Water Bottle in the Synapse product descriptions.)

I wouldn't generally carry water bottles in the Synapse side pockets,, which can't accommodate such wide items as the top middle pocket, but you could fit in a 500 ml plastic bottle of water into each side pocket.

moriond
    Thanks. The reason I asked this question is that in the Synapse 19 video (found on the Synapse 19 product page) shows the side pocket being used to store a Klean Kanteen water bottle, and it looks like it fits there very comfortable. The problem is that I'm unable to determine what size the water bottle was.

EDIT: Nevermind; I got the answer to my question on the comments section of the above video. It was a 27 oz Klean Kanteen bottle. In that case, I would rather get the Klean Kanteen (rather than the Motto) since I will have the added flexibility of using the side pockets in addition to the water bottle pocket.
    Last edited by traveler38; 09-25-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by traveler38 View Post
    Thanks. The reason I asked this question is that in the Synapse 19 video (found on the Synapse 19 product page) shows the side pocket being used to store a Klean Kanteen water bottle, and it looks like it fits there very comfortable. The problem is that I'm unable to determine what size the water bottle was.

EDIT: Nevermind; I got the answer to my question on the comments section of the above video. It was a 27 oz Klean Kanteen bottle. In that case, I would rather get the Klean Kanteen (rather than the Motto) since I will have the added flexibility of using the side pockets in addition to the water bottle pocket.
    Right. I was going to post this answer when I saw your edit. Basically, the size of water bottle you can fit into the side pockets depends on the diameter of the bottle, so although the side pockets can accommodate a water bottle of comparable to what you can fit into the top center pocket, they can't take designs that have much wider bases. I think that Kleen Kanteen is 2.75" in diameter while the Motto water bottle is 3.15" in diameter. A water bottle with a longer, thinner shape fits the side pockets more easily.

The reason I usually don't carry a large water bottle in the side pockets, apart from wanting to balance the distribution of weights, is that I use that side pocket for stowing shop bags and items that I want easy access to in the fashion GEOCycle described in the Synapse continues to surprise thread. While I can pull out smaller bottles or bags, etc. on the fly while unzipping this pocket and slipping the Synapse down, it's hard to smoothly pull out something rounder and bulkier that nearly fills the pocket that way. (At least, it doesn't work easily for me if the fit is too close. On the other hand, if you use the side pocket you can store your Kindle in the top center pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Right. I was going to post this answer when I saw your edit. Basically, the size of water bottle you can fit into the side pockets depends on the diameter of the bottle, so although the side pockets can accommodate a water bottle of comparable to what you can fit into the top center pocket, they can't take designs that have much wider bases. I think that Kleen Kanteen is 2.75" in diameter while the Motto water bottle is 3.15" in diameter. A water bottle with a longer, thinner shape fits the side pockets more easily.

The reason I usually don't carry a large water bottle in the side pockets, apart from wanting to balance the distribution of weights, is that I use that side pocket for stowing shop bags and items that I want easy access to in the fashion GEOCycle described in the Synapse continues to surprise thread. While I can pull out smaller bottles or bags, etc. on the fly while unzipping this pocket and slipping the Synapse down, it's hard to smoothly pull out something rounder and bulkier that nearly fills the pocket that way. (At least, it doesn't work easily for me if the fit is too close. On the other hand, if you use the side pocket you can store your Kindle in the top center pocket.
    Thanks for linking to that other thread. Lots of great advice on how to maximize the utility of my upcoming Synapse!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0