Briefcase to fit within Tristar

Lots of 2 to 3 day regional jet travel. Setting up for one bag with Tristar as primary bag. Carry phone, iPad & accessories plus printed material about 2 inches thick. Men's Executive dress clothes plus jeans and casual shirt. Extra shoes. Would like reccomendations for a professional briefcase that can fit in the mid section of the Tristar and then be taken out for use in presentation or scoping meetings. Thoughts, ideas?

What size of laptop do you need to carry (I assume you want the briefcase to hold a laptop)?
    A Tom Bihn Cadet or Ristretto might fit. If only needing to carry a few papers, the Brain Cell is very good. I have used it on its own and it looks professional (the vertical versions have a slim vertical drape). I carry it as my personal carry-on. I have got a few people commenting that they like its easy style. Buy a slim hard case for your power supply, cables (e.g. a 7" tablet case) and fit it in the stretch pouchs. Papers can fit in with the computer in a folder.
    If you search on "laptop bags for light computing", you will get a good review of some slim briefcase style options that all should fit the Tristar.
    Other items I have used are Maccase flight jackets (get the leather vintage color - fantastic look) or the MEC Pro Computer Tote. The Think Tank Artificial Intelligence might work for you too. I believe that they will fit your Tri-Star too. But I think the Cadet may be best for your needs if it fits. It is sleek, professional and TSA friendly with options to carry as a briefcase or shoulder bag - oh and tough as nails with the 1050d ballistic nylon which you cannot find elsewhere. Made in USA to boot!

Hope you find something you like

i have been using an incase sling sleeve for the past year or so (i have a 15" hp elitebook for work). Amazon.com: Incase CL57483 Nylon Sling Sleeve 15-Inch - Black: Computers & Accessories

it works well as a sleeve, but also has grab handles that tuck away, as well as the option of a shoulder strap and pockets big enough to stuff in a mouse, power supply, pens, etc. also has plenty of room to slide a couple legal pads and manila folders in with my laptop, and slips easily into all my bags (have used it by itself as a small briefcase, as well as with my aeronaut, smart alec and in my now-sold tri-star). it's not the most formal, but works well enough for my purposes, in a professional-but-still-manufacturing environment.

mjo
    I would recommend a cadet 13 inch, fits the middle compartment perfectly.

I also use a version of an Incase laptop bag and it fits nicely within the central compartment of my TriStar with a little room on the side or a few extra accessories (eg, power supply, extra mouse, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    Lots of 2 to 3 day regional jet travel. Setting up for one bag with Tristar as primary bag. Carry phone, iPad & accessories plus printed material about 2 inches thick. Men's Executive dress clothes plus jeans and casual shirt. Extra shoes. Would like reccomendations for a professional briefcase that can fit in the mid section of the Tristar and then be taken out for use in presentation or scoping meetings. Thoughts, ideas?
    It really depends on what kind of laptop you need to carry. For example, if you carry a Macbook Pro, then this would be an excellent professional briefcase: HardCase - Laptop Bag - Travel Tote - SFBags - WaterField Designs

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by traveler38 View Post
    It really depends on what kind of laptop you need to carry. For example, if you carry a Macbook Pro, then this would be an excellent professional briefcase: HardCase - Laptop Bag - Travel Tote - SFBags - WaterField Designs
    Would that Waterfield Bag fit? It's quoted as being 3.75" wide, but maybe that's like the quoted width of the Cadet being much wider if you completely fill and expand the front and back pockets, while the width of the base is only about 3". Have you used this in a Tri-Star?

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Would that Waterfield Bag fit? It's quoted as being 3.75" wide, but maybe that's like the quoted width of the Cadet being much wider if you completely fill and expand the front and back pockets, while the width of the base is only about 3". Have you used this in a Tri-Star?
    I'm sorry, but I don't have any first hand experience with this. I would also recommend the CitySlicker from SFbags, which will definitely fit inside the Tri-Star: CitySlicker MacBook Case - MacBook Pro with Retina Display Case - SFBags - WaterField Designs

I had exact same question, even created an account just to ask it

I need to have a good looking case that's a bit more substantial than the Brain Cell.

This one looks potentially interesting, at least the dimensions are close to Brain Cell for a large laptop: Slimline Ultrabook Briefcase | Mobile Edge

I have a few Waterfield bags and they are generally accurate size wise. For example, their large messenger bag says 5" wide, I see 5.5" max. They are good bags and really the only other Made in USA 1050d ballistic manufacturer similar to Tom Bihn. However, most of their stuff fits laptops snugly - no extra room - the only complaint about the hardcase mentioned above. Other possible suggestions as I see the Tom Bihn Cadet is out of stock could be the Brenthaven Edge (I - 13" laptops, II - 15" laptops) or Metrolite (both out of production but could find on Ebay). They are built like Tom's Brain Cells with more options on pockets. I also think that you could resuse the Tri-Star as your business bag. It is designed to be that way (as opposed to the Aeronaut which definitely looks more like travel luggage than business brief - but still passable).

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0