Can the Brain Bag can hold the Cache with rails?

My Tom Bihn experience so far has been personal frustration in picking the "right" bag. I ordered the Western Flyer, am returning it as I think the Tri-Star is a better option for me. I ordered a Small Cafe Bag and now realize I need at least a medium.

As far as backpacks go, I ordered a Brain Bag, which may be too much for an everyday bag and I may prefer the Synapse 19.

One thing I haven't bothered customer service about is if the Cache With Rails and Vertical Freudian Slip fit snugly or hook into the Brain Bag or if a traditional cache is a better fit.

I'm basically looking at the Tri-Star as my carry-on and the backpack as both an everyday bag for work and a weekender. I take a two trains and two subways to get to work And like to walk around the city on those rare days I step outside for lunch.

I am amazed by the amount of bag-makers there are, the absurd amount of accessories available and the culture...which resembles the music forum I'm on (The Gear Page)...obsessive addicts with tremendous GAS problems (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) that love to talk about bags, take pictures of bags, etc. looking forward to being a Tom Bihn owner

I will say that the customer service from the two reps that have answered my emails promptly has been excellent.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    First off, welcome to the forums, Double-D! We've got an enthusiastic, well-informed bunch here, so you came to right place if you need any sort of advice on the "right" bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Double-D View Post
    One thing I haven't bothered customer service about is if the Cache With Rails and Vertical Freudian Slip fit snugly or hook into the Brain Bag or if a traditional cache is a better fit.
    The Cache with Rails is compatible with newer Brain Bags -- specifically, any Brain Bag purchased around May of this year or later -- and can attach to a set of webbing loops at the top of each main compartment (just like with the Synapse 25, seen here: How the checkpoint friendly Rails system works - YouTube). Your iPad will be left suspended in the Brain Bag. We've found that a lot of people prefer having the Cache (and thus the device) attached rather than "loose" within the bag.
    Last edited by Beau; 09-11-2013 at 08:43 AM.

@ Double-D: what do you carry on a typical day?

Thanks Beau.

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    @ Double-D: what do you carry on a typical day?
    Typically:

iPad in a Snugg case
    Logitech keyboard in a sleeve
    Monster Headphones in case
    iPod
    Textbook
    Journal (letter-sized)
    Small Moleskin
    Pens, styluses, assorted cables

And sometimes workout clothes and sneaks

Would also want to be able to put a 3 day weekends worth of clothes in it.

As an aside, just received my Tri-Star and its gorgeous. Can't wait to use it

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0