Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Question about the Wallet

I ordered one of these in the last few weeks thinking this would provide a good alternative to what I do carry as a wallet. But it is soooooo tiny! How do people use it? Currently I use a small leather wallet that folds over to make a 3"x 3 3/4" lump. In it I carry Driver's license, 3 credit cards, paper and coin, health insurance card, *$ card. I consider this a small wallet carry and can't figure out how to make the TB wallet work for me. If not as a wallet, what other uses might it have?

I um, use the wallet as a wallet. I can fit my DL, about 8 CCs/debit/loyalty cards, and several folded bills inside. I use the dividers to keep things separate, and throw coins in the back.

I actually find the wallet a bit big for my back pocket, so I frequently relegate its use to travel. When it's at home, I sometimes keep coupons and gift cards organized in it.

I'm surprised you find the wallet so small. I bought one to try out as a wallet, but find it too big for my regular carry wallet. I just have my professional licenses and certifications, health insurance cards, car insurance cards and registration and loyalty cards and infrequently used credit card. I actually use the pocket pouch I got with my order as an ID, cash and credit card wallet.

I use a TB wallet to store my cards that I don't carry routinely, and another as a mini booboo kit which goes with me most everywhere.

My edc wallet is a plastic bifold with clear interior so I can see everything laid out - I only carry a couple of CCs, license, cash.

Coins are a pain .. I dump them daily which drives MrDaisy nuts as I end up with kilos of them which then have to be counted and banked. He has taken to carrying his coins in a mini pouch separate to his bifold, as coins ruin his pockets.

(australian shops don't have the attitude to making change that you find in some places - eg France - so I get away with being lazy and paying for everything with a note - our smallest is $5)
    List under construction ....

I use a Small Pouch as a wallet and Mini Pouches for coins, while 25, 20 and 10 cents are accepted in every machine and bus, this is not true for pennies, which accumulate.

The "convert your coins into cash" machines give pennies on the dollar.

I guess, it is rolling time and a trip to the credit union.

My credit union accepts change in jars. I know that I'm lucky.

I just ordered a couple of mini pouches in hopes that one would work as a football game day carry-all. We can't take bags of any kind into our college football stadium, so I wanted something that would serve as a wallet and hold my phone, ID, credit card, and a little cash. I can just barely squeeze my phone (HTC Rezound) and everything else inside the wasabi dyneema pouch... not quite ideal for taking things in and out, but it'll work for now! I'll probably use the spare to hold (like others have suggested) cards I don't carry daily, or maybe to hold my iPod Nano and earbuds for travel.

I am struggling myself with finding a pouch for my Samsung Phone. TB products are pretty Apple oriented. I became more concerned for my phone after a recent trip to the Oregon Coast where I used my Packing Cube with Shoulder Strap for small excursions where hauling water, camera, etc. was not required. Because the Packing Cube is exactly that, it is not set up with organization pockets, and your stuff just floats in it. I was worried about my phone banging against things or being banged. It looks like the small OP will work for me, but I wish there were an open ended padded pouch the same size. Unzipping a pouch to answer a phone call or text in a timely fashion doesn't really work with the small OP option. Oh, well....the search continues......

I keep trying to find a better wallet than the TB one and cannot--no kidding. I am serious. I have bought several different styles and types but in the end come back to the TB Wallet. I keep my DL, Passport Card, and work ID in the front section, Health Insurance Card, Car Insurance Card and AAA card in the middle section, and business credit card, debit card and personal credit card in the back section, as well as cash folded in half. I guess it's the cash part (along with occasional boredom) that drives me to try different wallets every now and then. It's not always easy to pull out a few dollars to pay for items but I have learned how over time. I have finally given up and now ordered a new TB wallet (in another color) to deal with the boredom factor. So, the bottom line is I give up. The TB wallet really is the best for me--slender, secure, convenient clear front for me DL to show, etc., etc.

Well,I have packed the wallet to use as a wallet and am trying it out for a few days. I have to say that it makes a better fit into my EDC SE than my little leather wallet lump I have been using. But how do people manage all their coins?
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    But how do people manage all their coins?
    When I'm using the wallet, I drop in coins that I accumulate throughout the day, but when I get home, the coins go in the change jar. I also remove receipts and other bits of detritus. Thus, the items in my wallet requiring management stay at a bare minimum. If I was ever in a situation in which I would need to carry a lot of coins (like, uh, to the slots? I have no idea), I'd probably use a stuff sack. Or hell, just a sack.

But how do people manage all their coins?
    These things are pretty slick: The Chawly Changer Coin Dispenser (Holder)
    --------------------------------

I am struggling myself with finding a pouch for my Samsung Phone. TB products are pretty Apple oriented. I became more concerned for my phone after a recent trip to the Oregon Coast where I used my Packing Cube with Shoulder Strap for small excursions where hauling water, camera, etc. was not required. Because the Packing Cube is exactly that, it is not set up with organization pockets, and your stuff just floats in it. I was worried about my phone banging against things or being banged. It looks like the small OP will work for me, but I wish there were an open ended padded pouch the same size. Unzipping a pouch to answer a phone call or text in a timely fashion doesn't really work with the small OP option. Oh, well....the search continues......
    I have used the same Small Clear Organizer Pouch in Cordura for 3 years with a Droid Samsung phone which started to overheat and now, won't recognize the battery.

Luckily, I got an iPhone 5 which I protect with an Otter Box Defender in Purple and it fits perfectly in the same Small Clear Organizer Pouch in Cordura.

The Clear view make it easy to see who is calling or texting and answer in a timely manner. I clipped a key ring to the OP to attach both clips of the shoulder strap that is the same strap included with the Side Effect bag: 5/8" nylon webbing, adjustable, with plastic snaphooks (no pad).

But, you could use the far more stylish Handle Loop - Add a grab handle or wrist loop to an Organizer Pouch or Cube - TOM BIHN

I use the wallet but only to carry credit and medical cards. money goes in my pockets. being a guy i just use my front pockets for cash and coins. It can be odd to put in your back pocket but i have come to like it and have not gone back to my old leather wallet. I keep my corp cards in front, my med cards in the middle, and personal cards in back using the two felt like dividers. works for me

I used to carry a leather bi-fold wallet like most guys. It would never quite go full on Kostanza, but it would often grow and grow and grow until I pruned it of receipts and cards I used infrequently. On a recent shopping trip down through Pennsylvania, my wife and I completely coincidentally bought matching wallets from Coach (we were on different sides of the store and both met holding the same pattern); her's a key case wallet, mine a very slim card wallet. Doesn't even fold, holds just a few cards and cash if I fold it up. For me it works really well as a small, easily carried wallet that i had initially intended for travel but find I just use daily now.

Now, this means I'm no longer carrying all of those infrequently used cards (i.e. loyalty programs, my secondary credit or back cards, health and drug cards, car stuff, etc.) in my pockets. These have all been placed into my organizer wallet (that I too was initially struggling to find a meaningful use for). I keep this in my EDC which comes with me to work and whatnot, so I usually have it close, but not always on me if I just step out for lunch. I do have the handle loop strap, so I might transfer items into the organizer wallet for my upcoming trip to the Middle East and use that as my main wallet.

If I'm going to a sketchy part of the world, i do also sometimes carry an old card/ID wallet as a decoy wallet. There's maybe $20 cash in there with dummy cards in case I'm mugged or pick pocketed. The real wallet stays somewhere else on my person.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0