Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Curious what you mean by "dummy" cards? I like this idea for European travel.
    --------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Curious what you mean by "dummy" cards? I like this idea for European travel.
    Cards which at a quick glance could pass for credit cards. Do not use expired real Visa/Mastercard/Amex credit cards which are still active; they can still be defrauded or used for identity theft. I use a couple old regional department store credit cards from stores that no longer exist (they wouldn't know that overseas) and are no longer on my credit history up front, then pack a couple old (do not use your current) hotel key cards behind it for thickness. Make sure the cash is reasonably visible so they don't immediately think you're tossing them a fake.

Another good tip is to have a low limit credit card that you only really use while travelling. Limits the damage they can do if you card is lost or defrauded.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0