Western Flyer - Ballistic or Dyneema?
After hemming and hawing for what seems like forever, I recently placed an order for the Western Flyer in Nordic/UV Dyneema. I love the look of the Nordic (I have a large shop bag in that colorway), and have been wanting to purchase a piece of luggage for a long time now.
But now I'm waffling. The order is held up because I also ordered a couple of items that are currently backordered. So help me out if you would. Which bag should I choose?
Initially I selected the Nordic Dyneema for these reasons:
- It's gorgeous fabric
- I have the Imago and Synapse 19 in Navy, and I thought it would coordinate well.
- I'm trying to go lightweight, as I've got some recently diagnosed compressed disk problems in my neck
But here is why I'm hesitating at the last moment:
- I think that perhaps the Ballistic might last longer and wear better.
- I love Aubergine, and find it to be more neutral.
- Here I show my vanity: my travel clothing is almost all black/purple.
Does anyone have one of each who can share their thoughts about it? I really don't feel I can order both at this time and send one back, so I want to make certain I get the right one. My travel will be mostly recreational in nature. I do not work out of the home, but I am traveling more and more back to Kansas to check in on my widowed father, and I occasionally travel to conventions in larger hotels. I never check a bag if I can help it, so I plan on keeping my WF with me. Oh yes, one more thing. I almost always travel on those tiny little regional jets, as I fly into Wichita, KS. I appreciate your feedback very much!
Oh yes, one last item: I will be getting the WF with backpack straps, as the backpack method seems to keep me more balanced out, although I also did order the Absolute Strap to go with it.