Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tpnl

Thread: Brain Bag O-rings

Brain Bag O-rings

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a BB, but the detailed description does not mention O-rings in any of the pockets. Can anyone confirm the lack of O-rings or if it does have them, where?
    Thanks!
    Black/Steel TS, Black/Steel Aeronaut, Black/Black/Steel Brain Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Steel Pilot, Black/Steel Synapse 19, Black Dyneema/Wasabi Synapse 19, Black/Steel Cadet 11, Black/Steel Imago, Black Dyneema/Wasabi MCB, Navy/Cayenne and Black/Solar SCB, Black/Wasabi and Navy/Iberian SE and many pouches in various sizes. Tom Bihnaholic.

Mine is an older one, bit it has 3 o-rings that I have found: one at the top of each main compartment, and one in the top zippered (horizontal) pocket. I *think* the new ones have an o-ring in each of the vertical side pockets as well.

Maybe someone with the new models can confirm?
    ----------------
    Bob P.
    Magic Tiki Studios

Empire Builder (black/steel), Brain Bag (steel), Small Padded Organizer Pouch, Clear Wallet, Soft Cell, Snake Charmer (cayenne) and assorted trimmings.

I have a new version......1 month old, only three O Rings, none in the vertical pockets....Unfortunately......

Volunteer Moderator
    If you are a DIY type of person, you can sew some extra O-Rings into the pockets without compromising the waterproofing. Just ask the TB Crew for 2 extra O-Rings.
    The only other thing you will need aside from needle and thread is some 1/2" or smaller webbing. If you have an old compact camera bag with a unused shoulder strap, you can cut pieces from it to use as webbing.
    Remember to sear/melt the ends of the cut webbing with an iron or something that gets that hot to prevent the webbing from fraying.
    midnite likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0