Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By autolycus
  • 1 Post By moriond
  • 1 Post By PaulT00

Thread: Nordic - gone for good?

Nordic - gone for good?

I remember reading that Nordic was going to be discontinued but then there was a last minute reprieve. I haven't found any of my favorite bags currently offered in Nordic so now I'm wondering if the reprieve was short-lived. Is it gone for good or just temporarily unavailable? I'm hoping it's the former and not the latter....

Quote Originally Posted by Nolo View Post
    I remember reading that Nordic was going to be discontinued but then there was a last minute reprieve. I haven't found any of my favorite bags currently offered in Nordic so now I'm wondering if the reprieve was short-lived. Is it gone for good or just temporarily unavailable? I'm hoping it's the former and not the latter....
    I assume they have run out of Nordic to make new bags and the reprieve will come when they have ordered and gotten in additional stock of the fabric. That could be a while because it is a custom fabric made in Japan.
    Darcy and itsablur like this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolo View Post
    Since Nordic offerings are currently available for the Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer (with backpack straps), Synapse 19, and the Medium and Small (but not Large) Cafe Bags, I don't think you're seeing anything but the normal variations in the availability of popular color options.

I assume you've been checking for Nordic availability in the Co-Pilot, Smart Alec, Shop Bags, or Synapse 25. Since these were relatively new offerings, they've sold out fast. I think autolycus is correct, and the timetable for new batch orders of Dyneema fabric from Japan will determine when the next batch of Nordic bags for these items will be available (but this is likely to be a few months from now). I'd really like to see a Nordic/Solar color combination. That clearly wasn't going to happen any time soon, but having a contrasting (light) color for the interior of larger bags, such as the Smart Alec and even the Synapse 25, is an important option for me.
    Darcy likes this.

My Synapse 19 is Nordic/Steel and I believe that it is the Steel color that saved my iPad Mini in a Netbook Cache and anything else in my Synapse 19 from being stolen when I got out of the Apple Store at the local mall.

I was distracted by one person on my left and another sneaked in to my right, I felt her presence and quickly moved slightly backward my backpack turned to the left but I was facing the person on the left.

I am now torn about getting a Synapse 25 in Nordic/Steel or Nordic/UV.

So the time between now and the new Synapse offerings will be a time to ponder.

My question/concern was that I didn't see any Nordic products available on backorder. But, maybe it's like the production of the cadet...nordic products aren't available now so that the company can to be realistic about when those products might be offered (in other words, to manage the expectations of extreme fans!).

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    autolycus and moriond have it right:

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I think autolycus is correct, and the timetable for new batch orders of Dyneema fabric from Japan will determine when the next batch of Nordic bags for these items will be available (but this is likely to be a few months from now).
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Pining for a Nordic Synapse 25 over here.
    --------------------------------

Still hoping for a Nordic / Solar Synapse 25... pretty please with sugar on it?
    earth5 likes this.
    A45 crimson/steel; TS navy/solar; S19 nordic/steel; P nordic/solar; CP black/steel; SE wasabi; CQPC iberian, solar; Ri aubergine/steel; 3DCC cardinal; TSS4 wasabi; K cardinal; TT solar,nordic,black; CC cardinal/steel; PCBP solar; PP navy; + packing cubes galore!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    Still hoping for a Nordic / Solar Synapse 25... pretty please with sugar on it?
    We hear you (and moriond too) -- keep reminding us! Whether it'll happen this year or not depends on when Nordic comes in.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Darcy - thanks for the info! Crisis averted...=)

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We hear you (and moriond too) -- keep reminding us! Whether it'll happen this year or not depends on when Nordic comes in.
    Of course I might be even happier with a Nordic/solar [something else] which could turn out to be one of these prototypes to which you keep alluding... At the moment the S25 is just the latest greatest!
    A45 crimson/steel; TS navy/solar; S19 nordic/steel; P nordic/solar; CP black/steel; SE wasabi; CQPC iberian, solar; Ri aubergine/steel; 3DCC cardinal; TSS4 wasabi; K cardinal; TT solar,nordic,black; CC cardinal/steel; PCBP solar; PP navy; + packing cubes galore!

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    My Synapse 19 is Nordic/Steel and I believe that it is the Steel color that saved my iPad Mini in a Netbook Cache and anything else in my Synapse 19 from being stolen when I got out of the Apple Store at the local mall.
    Please forgive me for not being able to picture this, but how did the color of your backpack's fabric save your contents from being stolen?

--Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Please forgive me for not being able to picture this, but how did the color of your backpack's fabric save your contents from being stolen?

--Ken
    I think so, I don't know if the person behind me was able to open any of the zippers without me feeling it, but if she did, she found nothing interesting in the right pocket, which didn't look like it was opened.

Frankly, I don't remember, if it was opened when I went back to the Apple Store because I was trying to find the Otterbox kiosk, while my husband was doing the tech setup of my phone.

He had to be somewhere and the setup was taking longer than expected.

The Steel interior is so stealthy that, last time I wanted to take notes, I thought I had forgotten my Pen Pouch, as it turned out it was there, looking like it was part of the bag.

As a matter of fact, I think my UV Pouches do the same thing inside my cute Nordic/UV Small Cafe Bag.
    So I think a Synapse 25 in Nordic/UV would be fabulous and it would help distinguish between the Nordic/Steel Synapse 19 EDC.

Ken
    Thank you for the reply. I am glad that they were unsuccessful. Do you know if this happens often at this mall?

--Ken

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0