Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Cadet 15/13 - Not Listed

Cadet 15/13 - Not Listed

Are these being sold any longer? Backorder?
    Black/Steel TS, Black/Steel A45, Black Dyneema/Wasabi A30, Black/Black/Steel Brain Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Steel Pilot, Black/Steel Synapse 19, Black Dyneema/Wasabi Synapse 19, Black/Steel Cadet 11, Black/Steel Imago, Black Dyneema/Wasabi MCB, Navy/Cayenne and Black/Solar SCB, Black/Wasabi and Navy/Iberian SE and many pouches in various sizes. Tom Bihnaholic.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    We're pretty busy around here making other stuff, so there's a chance we won't have enough time to make the Cadet until 2014. Since that's a pretty long way off, we figured it would be best that we don't take any backorders until we're certain of the Cadet's place in our production schedule.

Thanks Beau!
    Black/Steel TS, Black/Steel A45, Black Dyneema/Wasabi A30, Black/Black/Steel Brain Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Steel Pilot, Black/Steel Synapse 19, Black Dyneema/Wasabi Synapse 19, Black/Steel Cadet 11, Black/Steel Imago, Black Dyneema/Wasabi MCB, Navy/Cayenne and Black/Solar SCB, Black/Wasabi and Navy/Iberian SE and many pouches in various sizes. Tom Bihnaholic.

mjo
    Arghh, i have been waiting for new 15 inch cadets...now i need to wait another 5 months....can you not shift some resources to work on new cadets?

As frustrating as it is to not get what you want, when you want it I can tell you it's worth the wait.

I carry a Cadet 15/13 as my EDC briefcase and absolutely love it.

As a self proclaimed bag-freak I have had a lot of bags over the years and have always had at least one issue with every bag. This one is just the right combination of minimalist and functional.

BTW, I use a Cache for Cadet for my laptop and love the fact that I can just slide it out before putting it on the belt at the TSA checkpoint and it stays attached to my bag.

I also find the standard strap is just fine and cuts down the bulk. I love the Absolute Strap on bigger bags, but this bag is small enough that you really can't get enough weight in it to justify the bulk.

So I say try and wait it out. If you buy something else in the mean time, you will be back eventually anyway

mjo
    Thanks i already have the small cadet and it is indeed as good as you say...now i got a huge laptop and want the bigger cadet... I still use the small cadet for macbook pro 13 inch without any cache at all...works fine but you need to be bit more careful with the bag...i was wondering what is so important that the cadet needs to wait for 5 months...i saw they have plemny of the aeronauts and tristars...perhaps tom has some gigantic order for some private company that gets priority...or the cadet maker is ill...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'd also like to buy a 13 inch cadet whenever they are available again.

Likewise, I am waiting for a Cadet!

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    We're pretty busy around here making other stuff, so there's a chance we won't have enough time to make the Cadet until 2014. Since that's a pretty long way off, we figured it would be best that we don't take any backorders until we're certain of the Cadet's place in our production schedule.
    This is bizarre. You have no bags that are even similar to the Cadet, so it looks like anyone who wants one will just have to go somewhere else to buy a new bag. Oh well, Tim Bihn's loss.

Add me to the list waiting...I know it will be well worth it!

Tom is in the mist of a creative phase, I can assure you that what will come out of it at the end of the year and 2014, will make people's jaws drop.

We are used to designers making collections for Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter.

Because bags are year round use items, technological innovation is also ever happening, Tom finds inspiration 365 days a year, as well.
    Last edited by backpack; 09-29-2013 at 02:26 PM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RDR3 View Post
    Add me to the list waiting...I know it will be well worth it!
    Good to hear that you're excited!

Volunteer Moderator
    OK, all. Check the Cadet listing so you can pre-order your bags. I was wondering whether we'd see some action after the Apple event announcing the new MacBook Pro and iPad models (and their dimensions.)

moriond
    mjo likes this.

If you really cannot wait, there is a blue/steel Cadet 15/13 with a 13" Cache and some organizer pouches on Ebay

Tom Bihn Cadet with Cache | eBay

Bid ends in a few hours though.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    If you really cannot wait, there is a blue/steel Cadet 15/13 with a 13" Cache and some organizer pouches on Ebay

Tom Bihn Cadet with Cache | eBay

Bid ends in a few hours though.

Cheers!
    Looks like the larger model is available for backorder.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0